Pacific International Quilt Festival XVI

carmen

I am really pumped about going - coming down with two buses full of quilters from Sacramento. Where will Cheryl be?

I have a list and am heading right for the vendors with templates, rulers, pantos, and stencils. Then I'll hit the thread guys for some gold metallic and a couple of pastel varigateds. I was hoping CL vendors or pattern boards people would be there but don't see their names on the vendor list.

I am so tired of ordering off the net lately without being able to touch and feel what I am getting. Then I'll start my stroll and drool over the quilts.

I live in Santa Rosa, about 60 miles north of San Francisco. I have attended Pacific International Quilt Festival for years. I will miss it this year however. I'm at a retreat, and going to Houston later this month. Too little time to do everything.

I do however feel that in the past few years the vendors for a lot of the quilting systems have decreased at PIQF. ---and there are a many of the same vendors every year. I usually buy all my Superior threads there, but since I just came back from Innovations, I have stocked up on threads.

I think a lot of the vendors that used to come to PIQF know they are going to Houston and they skip over Calif. which is really too bad ---there are thousands of quilters in this area that attend this great quilt festival that would like to see all the long arm and smaller quilting systems "live" and in person---(with credit cards in hand );)

Have fun everyone! I will miss seeing all the quilts! Fabulous show!

Hi, Sparkle! Did you have a great time at Innovations or what? I had a blast and totally shopped my heart out!

I am not going to PIQF this year since I really don't need more fabric (gasp!) and I got all the thread I needed at Innovations. I did order a swag template from KM Quilting Supply last night though! It was the one thing I wanted to get at Innovations but didn't.

As for vendors carrying long arm supplies, I don't think there are very many usually there......other than the vendors that carry stencils and pattern packs.

My friend and I are going on a mini shop hop on Saturday.....probably the shops will be empty cuz everyone will be at PIQF!

Archived