wedding quilt

Julie,

Great job on this fabulous quilt.

I also like the way you continued that circle design element into the green. It looks like a quilt inside a quilt. The piano keys on the inside and then the larger keys repeat on the outer border really gives this quilt some very stylish cohesiveness.

Your feathers are lovely. And what is that long feathery quilting you did in the white fabric sashing between the blue borders? Did you use a stencil? It is a great accent. What thread did you use? It looks like there is some blue on the outer edge of the quilt. Is that another border or did you apply the front of the binding with your longarm? I know, lots of questions. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Thank you so much for posting the photos. I know that it sounds corny but I'll say it anyway, not just to you but to others who also quilt at your level. Many of us here on the forum are newbies or intermediate quilters. Posting photos of quilts gives us something to aspire to. I Love looking at them.

You have the correct user name cause the quilt is simply divine.

I too saved a copy of the circles extending into the border. Such a great idea and can't say that I have seen it anywhere before.

I have seen the pattern called Glorified Nine-Patch. If you have Double Wedding Ring templates, use the large background template to cut over-sized nine-patches.

Archived