Need suggestions

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Hi Quilters. I'm about to quilt a quilt pieced by my sisters for my nephews wedding. I'd like to put the label on the back, but can't think of any wonderful wedding-type sayings or quotes to put on the label. I thought I would put a water-mark picture of the quilt on the label and who made it and who quilted it, and who it's for, but can't think of anything else inspiring. So, I thought I would come and ask some of the most knowledgeable people I know! :D Anybody have any inspiration for me?

Linda

I recently saw a wedding quilt- border quilted in cursive, the couple's personally written vows. The couple love it and share it with everybody, that's how I got to see it. I don't know how you would get ahold of that or whether or not it would even be practical but I think my friend just quoted from the inset in the wedding invitation...

as long as they are not too wordy, it could happen.

Good morning Linda. I just found this posted on a Church bulletin board. Maybe this will inspire something :-)

Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Leave the rest to God

To me, those very simple words said many things.

Jan

Hi, Linda. One saying I used for a quilt I made as a wedding gift was:

(Names of bride and groom)

"This quilt was made for your new life

Together forever as husband and wife"

It's a simple quote, but combined with the other information (quiltmaker(s), who quilted it, the date, etc.), it looked lovely in its simplicity.

I'm sure it will look lovely whatever you choose!

Carolyn

Archived