Wow, I finally finished this Quilt:D, It is 110"x110", took way to much time, but it is my Sisters, and she's worth it.

I SID the Geese and Applique, McTavished the burgandy Squares and Strippled the green ones, I did free form feathers in the border, I'm not to good at feathers yet, I still a newby, Got my machine in May of this year.

I hope that the Pictures load, Have never did this before

Laura

post--13461898618453_thumb.jpg

Thank You Everyone,

Yes those flying geese are 1 1/2 by 3/4 inchs, each SID

I'm getting to be pretty good friends with my dainty ditcher:D

I have 105 hours into this quilt, the McTavishing is very small, betweem 1 and 1 1/2" long segments, very time consuming.

I know that my stitches are not perfect, would really like a stitch reg, I have been trying to get in contact with intellistitch for almost 2 months now, still no return call or email.

:(

Laura

:(

Laura: why do you think you need a stitch regulator, girl this is a beautiful quilt! I don't have a SR either on my Discovery and I thought I wanted to add one to my machine. I've been quilting for 1-1/2 yrs now and am feeling very comfortable with my machine as it is. There are so many well-known professional quilters who don't have SR. I believe Dawn C. still quilts without one, am I right? If you can quilt like this now, you will be amazed at how good you will get in a few months. Keep stitch'in.

Sharon.

Sharon

I still have so much trouble keeping my stitches even, I tend to move my machine to fast away from myself, and feathers are a real battle. My thought is that I could work on my quilting design more and my speed less.

Also, what size needle do you use? It seems to me that the hole my needle leaves is to large for the thread I use. I use

Aurfil and my needle is a 4.0, I did order a 3.5 and a 3, I am wondering if I use these smaller needles if it will affect my timming?

Laura

Yes, you can sometimes see the invisible thread when the light hits it right. I always wondered if anyone has ever tried to make it so it is not so shiney. You know, kinda frosted.......

BTW, great job on the quilt. Do a search for "resizing pictures" and you can read how to get the pictures so we can see the whole pic at one time. Makes it easier on us old bats, lol........

Archived