My first top is quilted!

We had a holiday yesterday and I spent all day quilting this lap size top made of blue and yellow star blocks from a swap of about two years ago. This was my very first "project" - we only set up my machine a week ago.

Although there are several "issues" revealed in this quilt, I had a ball quilting it and simply had to share some pictrues with you! So, please don't be too harsh on me and don't laugh too hard...

Next week, the showroom at Claudia's in Krefeld will be officially opened and I'm looking forward to attending the classes offered there...

Best, Birgit

post--1346189761591_thumb.jpg

Birgit-

I can't imagine why anyone would laugh. I think it looks great! The stars and loops are very well made and I like the contrasting thread for the smaller loops. Well done and I can't even imagine how beautiful your work is going to be in the future.

Debb1

Quilted-Joy

Birgit -- It is wonderful!! How much practice did you do before doing this quilt? My machine is here, but we can't set up for at least one more week. I look at that and hope my first can be as good as that.

Jan--Canada

Jan,

I know exactly how you feel. When my Millenium was delivered on May 3rd, I had ?vening meeting for two days in a row - and then we were leaving town for a long 4 day weekend. Only after everything was settled afterwards, we set up the machine for me to start playing...

Prior to the quilt shown, I quilted a 60" muslin sandwich - kind of boring. So I pulled out a panel featuring a map of the USA and used this to practice stitching on lines (which I find prety difficult). And right after that, I had to mount a real top...

I must admit, though, that I have quilted 4 tops using my home sewing machine on a machine frame. So moving that machine around is kind of familiar.

Birgit

Congratulations - what a wonderful beginning! I envy you as my Millie won't be delivered until the end of June - I want to demo it at a quilt show in Ohio first before the final go ahead. Yet, I am rearranging my space for the machine and have been telling everyone I am in business July 1. Sharing with all of you will be great.

Nellie

Indianapolis, Indiana

Archived