remembering password

I had to have my computer worked on and now my password won't stay in place. There is usually a place that askes "do you want this computer to remember your password" and you press yes and that's it. I used to be able to enter this site and I was already loged in. What happened? The other sites all stay logged in. Help please :mad:

Carol,

This site doesn't have that option, (as far as I could see) but if you just "X" out instead of using the logout button, you should be still here when you come back. By chance did you upgrade to the new "Vista" software? If so, I'm not sure, but maybe that program need's the "....Remember my password" option.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help....maybe one of the other computer nuts can help us both out. I'm sure it has something to do with cookies, but not possitive.

No, I don\'t have Vista. When it first came out you had the option to download it or upgrade whatever. Well, I did that and it messed everything up when I took it out. So I took my computer in to get everything working properly again. I always X out of the site and my password used to stay in there. I have had to log-on 2 times today but just now I didn\'t. Go figure. Guess it finally listened. Thank you Bonnie. Maybe you just brought me luck by answering.:D

• 1 month later...

If you have just had your computer worked on, they probably did some housecleaning on it, specifically, they probably deleted all your "cookies", 99% of which are unnecessary. There is a cookie for your password, which enables you to not have to enter your password every time. If your password is now working, a new cookie has been created for the website. You will probably experience the same thing with all the websites you visit regularly as well. You just have start all over again building new cookies. Not a problem, just a minor inconvenience. Deleting cookies frees up computer space.

Archived