Space requirements

griff

The area where I want to put my new millineum is only 9.5' across. APQS recommends 10'. Will 9.5' work for me or do I need to rethink where I am putting this machine? How much depth is really needed to get around the machine?

Griff,

I just did a search on caster and found a thread about people moving their machine to accommodate smaller spaces. I think I have seen discussion on smaller spaces that you might check out. You might find some useful information. Good Luck.

Donna

I'm not at home so I can't measure my space at the moment.

Will you be quilting pantos or just from the front of the machine? If you don't quilt from the back you might be able to push your machine as close as you can to the wall. You will still need to get behind the machine to change thread but you won't need the space to move the head around.

Just a thought.

Ema and Big Sister

Originally posted by griff

The area where I want to put my new millineum is only 9.5' across. APQS recommends 10'. Will 9.5' work for me or do I need to rethink where I am putting this machine? How much depth is really needed to get around the machine?

REPLY:

In my first studio I only had 9'8". Three inches less wouldn't have made any difference. I had more than enough room to do the quilting. It's when I had 4 customers come as a group that people had to back out the doorway to let me by. :)

I've also put a Millennium in an 8'6" x 13' bedroom for a guy that was determined to make this work. We put castors on his table, and I ordered the table to be made 11' long. It worked very well for him.

Where there's a will, there is ALWAYS a way. You just have to want it bad enough, and perhaps be willing to sacrifice something that is less important to you. BIG dreams never come easy!

Darlene

Archived