Is anyone near Jamestown North Dakota?

My husband may take a job in this town and I wondered if anyone from our group lives nearby? I'm a little nervous about the winter weather. Are there any nice quilt shops in the area? Love to hear anything about it. You can just send me an email. Thanks for any information. Cheryll

cbaber_1@msn.com

Went to North Dakota to get my Bassett puppy !! I love it there so pretty. Got Kirby in Dickenson but go thru Jamestown!! great little shop there -VERY nice owner!! I am in Montona (next door) but only a days drive . I\'ll show you around my area when you come through on the way to Yellowstone!

sewhappy

Thanks for your offer. I\'ll get in touch with you before we come through. It seems there might not be anyone from the group in that area. I won\'t e able to take my long arm as it\'s a temporary job for about 3 months. Lots of time to comeplete ufo\'s. ha Ha Cheryll

Cheryll,

There are several Shops just across the border into Montana in Sidney, Glendive, and a bit further west in Miles City....a few in Williston and Minot that I know of, but I honestly don\'t know of any LA\'s that are on this list...or at least they haven\'t raised their heads, they could just be lurkers.

There are several in South Dakota, JoAnn being one of them, but not sure how far Hill City is from Jamestown...oh, and Diane is in South Dakota.

They have a great annual quilt show with classes in Minot in March of each year...small, but well attended, and I have a friend and her daughter in Williston who quilt, but they don\'t do it professionally....just for themselves.

Hopefully some more surface so you can know whats there.

We lived in North Dakota for almost six years (1993-1998) and it was a great place. Some of my best friends are there. We were one hour north of Jamestown. I do know there is a nice shop in Jamestown -- it is owned by a sister of my friend Darcie from Sykeston (again north of Jamestown) who has a Millenium and does beautiful machine quilting. The shop is Comforts of Home and is "on the road to the big buffalo" (a huge buffalo statue). There is a shop also in Valley City and then 3 or 4 in Fargo/Moorhead.

North Dakota has some very dedicated and fun quilters. Don\'t worry about the winters - sure it gets cold, but there is less humidity there so the snow just blows (and blows). I would say go for it!

Where do you live now? Let me know if you have other questions!

Sue in Iowa

contact me at lodgehaus@butler-bremer.com

Cheryl, I\'m curious where you are living now? If it\'s a warm weather area, like So. Calif. or AZ, you will need to buy warmer a few items of winter clothing, but I\'d also wait until you get there. They will have clothing more suited to the area.. It sounds like you will have plenty of places to go and feel the fabrics.

RitaRose

I grew up 30 minutes from Jamestown. When it starts to snow get where you are going as the wind kicks up and its a blizzard. Loved blizzards as a kid. People will do anything to help each other, may take a bit to feel a part of something. Everybody knows everybody and their business. My high school class in Wimbledon North Dakota had 14 kids...no need for a reunion as I saw enough of the 14. Jamestown and Valley City have changed a great deal since I grew up there in the 1960\'s. Be thankful for mail order. I miss the wind. Nobody talks like the Fargo movie...I only watched 10 minutes of it. Jamestown College has a national and international student base. No traffic jams. Wait til you see the wind blowing across a field of barley on a bright summer day and no other sounds to interfere...heaven.

Archived