Reproduction Quilt top for sale

Hi all,

I had a client who gave me several tops and needed two right away and the other one later. Her check for $180 bounced so I held the other till she made the check good. That was about 18 months ago, and I heard from someone that knows her that she moved and is getting a divorce.

I thought I might quilt this up, but it\'s really not my style. It would look really great on a twin bed, or add another border and make it bigger. I am sure it was made from Eleanor Burns "Underground Railroad" book. The piecing is impecable, and it\'s all quilt shop quality. She never skimped. I even have a backing in a small leaf print in brown.

You could finish this up in time for Christmas. I was hoping to get what she owed me, but I am willing to hear any reasonable offer. Let me know if you have any questions.....

post--13461898682262_thumb.jpg

I guess I am a little confused....she doesn\'t want the quilt top?

If you quilt it for her, I would accept cash only:) and let her know ahead of time.

I vote for an allover design because it is not my style of quilt either. Briar Rose is an old fashion rose panto. The other one I think looks good on old fashion quilts is Garden Patch. I think it can be found Jodi Bemish\'s site.

Cheryl

Sorry if I didn\'t make myself clear. I want to sell the top. We went back and forth for 6 months about her paying me, and I told her long ago I wouldn\'t give her this top back until she paid me. Now she has moved away, and I think if it was important for her to have it, she would have called me........

I wouldn\'t quilt for this woman again if she was the last quilter on earth! Even if she paid me right now, that was 1 1/2 years without payment. But, she won\'t, she has moved on.

Yep...she has moved on. Quilt the top and see how much you can get on ebay?

I don\'t know what quilts go for there. I just don\'t have that much time to surf the internet. Or give it to an organization for a raffle quilt and take a deduction on your taxes for at least $180.

Cheryl

Nope, not my style either. I wouldn\'t quilt it up for myself. Gosh that\'s too bad you got burned but maybe you can still make a positive out of it somehow and bless someone else along the way.

I\'ve been waiting a year and a half too, to be paid for a quilt I did for a "friend." She\'s been bold enough to tell me about another quilt she\'ll have ready for me to do soon, yeah-right, and has tried going to the other quilters in town for their services, but I\'ve already filled them in about the situation. I don\'t think they\'ll be doing any work for her any time soon.

The really furious thing is whenever I run into her, like at Starbucks -- where she\'s spending "my" money, or out to dinner -- where she\'s spending "my" money, or the best one, at the quilt shop -- where she\'s spending "MY" money for fabric for yet another quilt top, she\'s always talking about what she bought for her kids, or how she had this bill or that bill to pay. WHAT ABOUT THE BILL SHE OWES ME!!! That I sent to her THREE TIMES!!! For criminy sakes!

Lesson learned...life is short...moving on. :cool:

oh PS: I\'m sorry for sounding so hard hearted. I am a little bit sorry for your gal who\'s going through a divorce. That surely has to be the most difficult thing for her and I can understand how her life and everyone touched by it can get so screwed up. Too bad though for you that it had to touch you as well. ~~ peaceful thoughts now...

Archived