THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

dawnlam

I am fairly new here have been reading about 3 months

I bought a used Ken-Quilt off ebay. Took awile to get it shipped. Came with no directions or pictures or any thing on how it should go together. Started without the directions called the company they sent a video and a paper flyer

got it together last night. BUT WITHOUT all of your help

I would have been FREAKED out stitched great, ran out of bobbin so thought i would change thread colors just for the fun of it same brand just different color the tension was wrong the bobbin was all bobbly, almost broke a needle (forgot to raise it) and a few other wonderful tidbits that

I have read here. Just wanted to let you know how helpful all your things have been here. Had to you the Help because had no clue where the clamps went, saw some great ideas there. Just wanted everyone to know that

you guys are the best help!!!!

THANKS AGAIN I know I will be here often

And to everyone who post pictures you make me feel truly inspired!!

Dawn Lammers

Dyersville IA

Home of the Field of Dreams

It will come, Dawn. It takes a lot of practice & there are many things to remember to do as you\'re first starting out. After a while, however, those little things will become second nature & then you\'ll be dealing with other issues. Just hang in there...don\'t let it get you down. This forum is a great place from which to glean information or to post questions. It\'s nice to meet you, BTW! Welcome!

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Welcome Dawn!

And congratulations on your new machine. If you practice, it will come. It just takes time to get the feel for your machine, a kind of getting acquainted period. We are full of it here - inspiration I mean...;) And we love pictures - so it is okay for you to post pictures too. My DH is from Belle Plaine, IA the home of the Biggest Loser...he keeps telling me "The Field of Dreams" is not far from there - he has yet to take me to see it. By the time I go - it will be a corn field again - if it isn\'t already.

Have fun,

Mary Beth

• 2 weeks later...

From one Iowa girl to another, just hang in there and PPP. It took me almost an hour to load my first few quilt tops and I thought I\'d never get it right. We are always learning with these machines on each quilt we do. Isn\'t it just so exciting and fun though!!!

I\'m from southern Iowa, southeast of Des Moines about 35 miles, way out in the middle of no-where. It\'s really Puckerbrush, Iowa!!!

Sharon

Archived