MQS 2008 Sightseeing Kansas, Missouri, S-Dakota?

Loes

Hi everyone,

After teaching you all how to digitize in my DREAM class at MQS2008 (and yes, after my class you can draw, even if you think now you can't), Theo and I will stay and travel for about a week, to see as much as possible of Kansas and Missouri, before we fly back to Europe.

We would love to have suggestions what to see and visit, the real sightseeing spots of the two states.

We are even thinking of flying to South Dakota to see Mt Rushmore, so Joann - when you read this - please give us the South Dakota Must-see secrets!

Thanks,

Loes

Loes,

In Missouri you might want to take in Branson, it will show you some of our Hillbilly side - You would more than likely see my relatives or someone like me :D Then there is St. Louis with the Arch and Riverboats. On up the river is Hannibal, the home of Samuel Clements - writer of Tom Saywer. There are some sites to see in Missouri - I am so partial to southern Missouri since that is where I am from. The Hills covered in trees are just beautiful. Not sure when peaches are ready to eat, but if you are here then, you must stop at a roadside vendor and get some peaches. There is even a place just south of Springfield, toward Branson, that makes peach cobler everyday and serves it piping hot with a big scoop of ice cream....oh, my, I\'m getting hungry.

Someone else can tell you about Kansas....don\'t have a clue what is on that side of the line - only the quilt stores ;):D

JoAnn, how come we people never get to see post cards or photographs taken of the "butt" side of Mt. Rushmore? :P;) Hmmm...Anything interesting to see on that side of the mountain? any cracks or any bald spots? lol :D (just kidding...)

PS: I was born in Belle Fourche. I would love to visit that area again. I have family in Miles City, Wibaux, Mt... I love road trips... That is some pretty country where you live in the Black Hills. Maybe some day!!!

too funny, Shana...quite a few years ago my parents visited Mt. Rushmore and bought me one of those "sweet" plates...usually with prayers, etc...but my collection is totally saracastic...it says: "from what I can tell, this must be the back of Mt. Rushmore"...and it shows the heads (from the back) with their bodies and bare butts hanging down the side!

another has a cowboy who rode his horse off a tall cliff...they\'re going straight down at top speed...he\'s yelling "WHOA you SOB"!

Archived