space question on width

Just found out that my millenium will be delivered on the 21st. Now trying to decide exactly where to put it. The length is not the problem, but am wondering about the width.

Where I would like to put it, there is a beam (holding up the house so can't move) that is about 6 feet from the wall. It would be located 8' down from the length of the machine. Is there enough room between the wall and this pole for me to work? The pole is about 1 foot wide.

Thanks,

Charlene

Hi Charlene, I only have about 35inches on the back of my machine and in some areas only about the same on the front of the table. I know that doesn't sound like much but I get along just fine. I am just so happy to have one I don't mind where it is in my house. I have to store my batting and other large supplies upstairs but thats ok too. Also, I live about 35 miles from you. Maybe we will run into each other sometime. I go to Joanns a lot!

Hi Charlene,

I just received my Millie last week. I too have a width dilemma. I only have about 6' of space to work in. I highly recommend you get castors if you haven't already ordered them. That way you can move it forward or back depending on the side you are working from. I found a great deal on castors that lock front to back and sideways so there is no movement whatsoever. You can send me a U2U if you would like the info on the castors. You're gonna love it, I am having so much fun with mine.

Thank you for the responses. Such a decision to make. In the basement, I would have more privacy but have to deal with the 6' width. Could put it in the living room, less privacy, more no problem with the width.

Sure don't want to set up the machine and then have to move it.

Decisions, decisions,

Charlene

hi Charlene...If I were you, I'd set it up where you most want it. We installed my Liberty in the second-choice place and knew within a week that we should have gone with our first choice. I had plenty of help so moving it went pretty quick. By the way, when space is an issue ~ don't forget that it can be set up diagonally in the room. That's how mine is and I can just get around the one end. The trouble now is...about a year and a half ago I quit smoking and if I keep gaining weight I may not fit into my room!

Well, back to work, trying to get stuff done early since it's going to be a hot and muggy day! Have a good one....Sandra

• 5 months later...

I am considering the Millenium with a 12 table - my sewing space is a loft with walls that slant - angle up starting at 38 inches high the wall. The closest I can stand next to the wall is 40 inches away - without hitting my head on the slanted ceiling - at this point the ceiling is 75 inches high and continues up to 94 inches high. My loft is 14 feet wide and 20 feet long. What is the depth of space I would need, what is the height of the Millenium - so if I had castors on - how close to the wall can I move it when I am not using it. I guess my fear is it will take over too much my space - and I do not intend on using it for commercial use. Thanks, Colleen

Originally posted by colleenlyall

I am considering the Millenium with a 12 table - my sewing space is a loft with walls that slant - angle up starting at 38 inches high the wall. The closest I can stand next to the wall is 40 inches away - without hitting my head on the slanted ceiling - at this point the ceiling is 75 inches high and continues up to 94 inches high. My loft is 14 feet wide and 20 feet long. What is the depth of space I would need, what is the height of the Millenium - so if I had castors on - how close to the wall can I move it when I am not using it. I guess my fear is it will take over too much my space - and I do not intend on using it for commercial use. Thanks, Colleen

Hi Colleen,

Drop me an E-mail & I will send this info to you!:)

Archived