wheels too tight

geri

Hi all,

I have an ult 1, I know she is a dinosaur, but we play well together. Until this week!!!!! I have new wheels, they were put on when I went to Iowa for an overhaul a few months ago. They seemed to be fine until the last quilt I did. Half way through I was dragging a dead body when I worked on the freemotion side-more on the horizontal moves than the vertical. Finished that quilt though, did all the routine things to clean the areas, took out my level-all is level, then had DH come down and physically "adjust" the wheels to what I thought seemed better. Put on the next top, now here I am half way thought it and had to shut down and cool off and take an Advil, because again I have this terrific drag on the freemotion side.. It seems to start about center point to edge of working area. From table to center it moves well, then gradually tighens up until as I get near the edge of freemotion area I am literally using both hands to to push and move it. Needless to say, does not make freemotion work "fun". I have come here to see if there is a "magic bullet" or a sledgehammer to help with this mess. This is when I wish there were local techs to come for house calls, it certainly would be worth it to me.

Hope someone has a solution or a clue,

thanks all

Geri--IL:(

Archived