Excellent Karen McTavish Private Workshop

LadyLake

I just took a one day Custom Heirloom private workshop from Karen McTavish and it was excellent! Besides teaching me new custom heirloom techniques, she got me going on non-stitch regulated quilting, which is faster and easier on your back, so I'm expecting to be able to turn over quilt jobs faster. Although I have taken loads of classes, it is generally just me, myself and I in my studio, so it was helpful to have her come to my studio and actually watch me quilt and use the machine. This is my fifth year in business as a long armer and Karen was perfect for giving suggestions to speed up my quilting and go in new directions.

Karen has so much to offer because not only has she made it to the top in terms of winning shows, publishing 5 books, etc. for heirloom show quilting; she also put in several years doing regular customer quilts, so has good common sense suggestions in that area as well. She is extremely high energy and packed a lot in to the workshop. It was well worth the money. I felt a real lift with her training and suggestions. I would highly recommend Karen McTavish's workshops to all long armers. She is wonderful! Check out her workshops at www.designerquilts.com. I have photos of Karen in my studio on my webshots page, if you are interested.

Joan Schopp Hunn

Lady of the Lake Quilting Service

Duluth, MN

http://webshots.com/user/LadyoftheLakeQuilting

Thanks Joan- Those photos look like I took over your studio! I looked a little intense. Like when my two year old says "MINE".....I guess I like your machine!

I enjoyed your great studio- you have a beautiful home and family - and a very long reservation waiting list.....tackling your reservation list will be challenging but it also gives you lots of options -hoping we found some good solutions for all your longarm goals - With that much talent, you\'ll do great in any quilting related genre.

Thanks again for having me in your workspace....really fun for me!

Joan, Cool studio. I thought that your name was familiar. I met you in Iowa during a Marilyn Badger class and bought your zippers from you. Your pictures are great and to have Karen come right to your studio is awesome.

Karen, I\'m saving my pennies to take a class with you, and I love Duluth and haven\'t been there in 26 years. I so want my family to see your city. Hopefully soon.

Sue -- hope you can resolve your back/shoulders problem; as I mentioned, doing non-stitch regulated is much easier on my hands, although it will take some practice. Ask Karen McTavish about the Freedom -- seems like a lot of people like its free movement.

Sheryl -- Of course I remember you; I have seen you posting. Funny -- I sold you those zippers last year and now am ready to buy some because I\'m considering adding machine rental to my business. Definitely look me up if you come to Duluth and visit. I haven\'t made it to Michigan in the past year, but your shop is on my list if I make it that way!

Joan Schopp Hunn

Lady of the Lake Quilting Studio

Duluth, MN

jhunn@charter.net

http://webshots.com/user/LadyoftheLakeQuilting

Archived