Just returned from Classes with Myrna

SonjaHammond

I just returned from 4 days of classes with Myrna.

It was such fun to get to know Shana from Alaska and Alice from Lampoc Calif. Myrna had her work cut out with the three of us. It is so nice to get to know people from the Chat. I had a real blast. I even dreamed of quilting on the nights I could sleep. The other nights I was awake anticipating the next days fun.

LADIES YOU MUST PUT THESE CLASSES ON TOP OF YOUR CHRISTMAS LIST. They are fabulous. Myrna gives you the knowledge and confidence to tackle any design and know you can master it. Her creativity and energy is endless. The Creating Spaces class has me looking at quilts in a new way. The Sampler class gave us so many different designs for different pieced blocks. Being able to have her right there to show you the little things you need to do or change was priceless.

Myrna, Thank You!!! For being so willing to share your knowledge and time with other quilters. You are the BEST!:D

Well, hello there, Sonja...You little red-headed cutie, YOU!!! :P Glad to hear you made it home safely. Tell Chug I said hello.

I just got home late last night (Sat). Whew! I am a pooped puppy but glad to be home again after being gone 10 days visiting family and you all in St. George. I had a nice vacation and learned a lot during the three days with You, Alice and Myrna.

Thank you so much, Myrna, for being such a wonderful hostess in your home and for being such a terrific teacher in your studio. :) Your kitty cat, Ally is a sweetie, and your husband Earl is very kind, too. I now have have lots of inspiration, lots of ideas, and even lots of confidence. You are a great confidence-booster and having you right there to recieve instant answers and advice was invaluable. I actually think I can do this! Yaay! :P Thanks again for all that you gave to us, Myrna!!

Shana,

I am happy your trip home was safe. I am sure you DH is glad to have you back. We DID not have enough time. It is so quite here now. I really did enjoy have the 3 of you. Next time bunk beds for you all here or air mattresses.

Laurie, You too can come on over. It\'s not that far or perhaps it\'s time for me to come back to sunny Ca.

Myrna

Hey Missy Shana! I really miss your smiling face. Chug and I so enjoyed your company. Next time your in the lower 48 put Durango on your schedule and bring your husband. We would love for you to stay with us anytime!!! I bet you are very tired. What a whirlwind visit you had.

Laurie: Clases: Just do it!; Creating Spaces and Quilt Sampler. I know there were some other things in there also but I am brain dead right now. I also took my beginner class.

Linda, you are so right. Cloning Myrna would really be great.

Myrna, We did have a safe trip. I only lost $25 in Las Vegas. But I think I put on 10 lbs between St. George and LV. My studio seems so empty with just me. I need all of yal to come sew with me.

Missing everyone!

Originally posted by LaurieShana - how was your trip through the Bay Area? I am sorry I wasn\'t here....we could have had loads of fun!!!!!

Oh gosh, Laurie, I had a blast spending three days in Sonoma visiting my 92 year old great uncle Hughie & aunt Vicki. They drove me through Sonoma and showed me the sights, and we spent a couple of hours at the Gloria Ferrar winery. What a beautiful view on the hill. We sampled the Pinot Noir and sparkling wines and I bought a few bottles, too. Yummy! Hughie and Vicki are so adorable and cute. Even after 40+ years of marriage, they are still in love like a couple of teenagers, too. I giggled and smiled the whole time visiting with them. :) After my visit to St. George, I went to see my mom, my sister, Leslie, and her family in Reno. It was a wonderful visit. Leslie\'s kids are so cute and I got to be there for my niece\'s 11th birthday party. The time spent there went way too fast! Glad to be home, though. I am grateful that everything on this trip went as planned with no problems at all. Life is good. I am so lucky that I have such a beautiful family full of love, and I have so many wonderful quilting friends here!

Originally posted by lee

Sonja

I have my class schedule for February here in Chillicothe, Ohio with Myrna,, So glad you had lots of fun...I can\'t wait till I get too go,,,starting already counting my days,and I am so excited....:P:P

Wilma

Where in OHio are you located...I\'m in Waynesville...midway between Cincy and Dayton...between I71 and I75 and can hardly wait for Myrna to get to Chillicothe!!

Archived