Future Wild Woman of Quilting?

I'm so excited! After 3 days, 3 calls to APQS, and a couple more to Myrna my new Freedom SR is up and running.

I did it with only the help of my 5yo son Tanner. He was AMAZING! I couldn't have done it with out him, he's quite proud of that fact by the way.;) But he only got a brief run at the new machine once it was up and running before the 3yo, who had stolen our tools and parts throughout the whole proccess, bumped him off.

I wanted to post some pics of my future wild woman (who could use her face washed and hair combed hence the "wild") quilting, really.

I suspect 5yo will be a quilter as well as he asks daily if he can drive my machine and He's been watching my quilting DVDs at night. He actually asked me today as I was starting out if I was "burying that thread", I said no just doing stay stitches. :cool:

Thank you for all the help and support you all give on thist list.

Angels on your bodies.

post--13461898740661_thumb.jpg

Oh Jen you are right! I can only take so much trouble in my life.:D

Okay, I\'m sorry to do this to you, but I don\'t want to get in trouble with my helper for being onesided.

I\'m including my Future Wild MAN of Quilting.

I let him drive to take these pics, then almost couldn\'t get him off! I\'m going to have to start waiting in line once he learns to make it stitch on his own. :P

Thank you guys for indulging me. :-*

post--13461898743395_thumb.jpg

Tracye, those little blondies of yours are way too cute!

Hey, when I was at Myrna\'s this month, she had a Freedom SR mounted on her table next to her Milli and I gotta tell ya that the Freedom was terrific to quilt on. I am sure you will enjoy many hours and many years on your new "baby" and what a wonderful thing to have your kids interested, too. Something you all can do together as a family. Yaay! :P

Happy quilting.

Thank you guys for your kind words.

Cathy you hit it on the head, it is an embarrasment of riches.:D I feel very blessed.

Kerri, yes that quilt was at Innovations, thank you. Tehya is the little blondie in the window.

Hmmm I\'ve been wanting some circle EZ templates, wonder if Tanner could do those.;)

Someone said that he should start practicing for the kids can quilt catagories. His eyes lit up at that.

I\'m always looking to recruit partners in crime.:P Hopefully this interest of theirs will stick.

Thank you again for your comments.

Tracy,

Beautiful children. I\'ll be looking forward to seeing your son\'s first quilt here in the near future. It\'s never to young to start quilting. We may have a future Ricky Tims, John Flynn, etc. in the works!!!! Maybe we should have a junior quilters topic :)

Archived