Janome Electronic XR-V11 Manual

juliep

Hi Everyone

I'm a total newie from Australia who is in awe of you all. I am a visual artist who is a high school teacher who has been told that she is going to teach 'wearable art' next year...mmm. So, I have always wanted to learn to sew and have always loved quilting, sometimes silk paint so really love the idea of learning more and getting good at want I can learn. I have a problem...

I bought a second hand Janome Electronic XR-V11 machine from an elderly lady yesterday. It is in beautiful condition but has no manual. Being a greenhorn I thought, mmm, just go on the net and find one, which is not being very successful. Help! Also, can you please give me advice on where to look in Australia for people who might be able to teach me some basics to get me started. I will appreciate anything you can advise. Many thanks, your newest member in more ways than one...Julie

Julie, I don\'t mean to be dense, but do you mean teach you to sew or teach you to quilt. Do you have a local Quilt Shop, or Fabric Shop? They might have classes, or know of someone to contact.. Or, I think Quilt University has classes for $$ that teaches quilting type sewing on the internet, then there is the actual quilting, by hand or machine..

I don\'t know anyone anywhere specific to direct you to, Sewing With Nancy has a lot of resources.. Kay wood use to have cd\'s teaching various things, blouses, slacks, dresses, etc.. as well as quilting.. and am sure there are a lot more.

Good Luck.. RitaR

Maybe Google has more info than I do.. I wish you lived close I\'d love to help.

RitaR

Aren\'t you all wonderful, replying so quickly...thank you.

I have looked and looked on the net. The only thing I could find regarding a manual was for a machine that called a Janome a \'New Home Janome\'...I live in Armadale, Western Australia. I would love to learn both-sewing and quilting. I\'m hopeless at both. I have always wanted to do both. I do have one problem though- I am one handed through a physical disability and even less able since having a bilateral mastectomy last year. I think if I am going to teach this unit \'Wearable Art\' to my students I will need to learn to do both. I\'m a pretty determined lady but I don\'t want to look like I don\'t know what I\'m doing in front of teenagers...

Hi Julie,

Hows about getting the kids to bring along an old denim jacket or jeans, even a t-shirt and then applying the artwork on top. Fabric paints are great fun then add some beads, old buttons, charms or interesting lace, feathers etc. Fabric photo sheets are good too. If you can get it on your screen, you can print it on to fabric then fuse and/or stitch on to the garment. Great way to bring home the reuse/recycle message. Nice and personal too.

Should you not have classes in your area there are some really good how to dvds available that take you from start to end. The Joy of Piecing by Pauline Rodgers is fab....and she\'s a fellow Aussie too!

Sorry no can help with machine manual

cheers

Archived