FINISHED--Help! Frustration Level is Mounting....

Finally, here is the back.

You want to feel stupid? Try using a ruler to keep the laser light going straight, even keeping the ruler 1/4" from the design line. Do you have any idea how stupid I felt after I tried that. Sure was glad that no one was around to see what I was doing. That laser light just went right across the ruler without any hesitation! At least I didn\'t have to pick out too much. I\'m blaming it on lack of food since I had only eaten a few crackers and chicken broth in the 24 hours before I did that!:D

Finished Log Cabin--Back.bmp

Phyllis you sure fixed that border and the quilt looks great now!

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago and it is not necessarily all the piecers fault for doing a bad border. Here is what I figured out. When you have a large quilt and there are lots of seams in the body of the quilt and none in the border that means more bulk in the body of the quitil. As it winds around your pickup roller those bulky seams are gonna add up. The border has NO seams so there is not as much bulk. In other words as you wind you are gonna end up with that hump in the middle and the borders will end up actually moving as you pull. The lady with the batting stuffed in has the right idea............you need to compensate on those borders each time you turn those pickup rollers.

Does this make sense?

I love happy endings! The quilt look wonderful Phyllis!

It\'s Sharon Schamber that stuffs pieces of foam or batting in her take up roller as she rolls the quilt to compensate for too much fullness....I tried it, only I had better luck stuffing some pieces of batting in my middle roller, while standing at the front of my machine---so go figure.

I do love what Bonnie\'s Starch n\' Steam method does! It works!

I know your customer is going to be very pleased with the quilt Phyllis---It\'s beautiful! ---and aren\'t you happy it\'s done! ;) Good job!

OK, I\'m sold on the spray starch and steam!! In the fall I took off a "Safe Haven" queen size that waved out to the Pacific Ocean. Three borders had to be taken in What a job. Next time it will be "starch & steam".

A customer bought "Tassles" by Donna Reinhart from me and did a whole cloth with it - royal blue thread on white. Oh, gorgeous! I do like this panto on the log cabin quilt - very nice. Donna\'s pantographs are so nice to work with and so gorgeous on quilts!

Great job Ann.

Oh yeah, Phyllis I see where the pattern did not quite line up.

HeeHaw. Of course, I\'m kidding. I know that I would be in really big trouble if I ever had to give a copy of my pantos to my customers. Then they would be able to see all the places that I fell asleep at the wheel and drifted off the pattern. :P

The panto is really beautiful. The back shows that off and your great quilting, too. I stared at the photo of the corner and just cannot see the tuck that you took.

I think that you should get some sort of bonus for fixing the customers mistake and surviving the flu. ;)

Archived