just a little rant from a newbie

Tina,

You can always, in a positive way, point out that because you have opened up your home as business, you are able to quilt for such reasonable prices. Also, you can point out how interested your daughter is (even if she is just a toddler) and she is such a great helper!

I have had mom's with toddlers apologize for bringing their kids with them. I would just laugh and say they are welcome anytime and show them all the little gadgets and things. I think it is ages old that mothers with young children can't win for losing with critical women.

I can't tell you the number of quilts I got with cat hair on them. I tend to be a little allergic to cats, but it is practically impossible for the owner to pick off all cat hair. A few of the gals would apologize, but, we all do not live in sanitized bubbles, so, so what.

I had to give up machine quilting right now to help look after my elderly mother, but when I was, my sons answered the door, would give the customer their quilts if for some reason they picked up at a time when I had to be away. Answered phones, and most nice ladies would be very impressed. I homeschool too, so I know a few of the critical ones thought I was way out there, LOL.

The bottom line is, there will always be those that will hurt your feelings. Ultimately, I have always felt sorry for them.

You are are providing a great and reasonably priced service! They'll keep coming, even the cranks. Just grin and bear it.:)

Kerri

PS - My little pembroke corgi is such a cutie I always had to remind myself that not everyone loves my dog. What's wrong with them? LOL

Archived