Lenni arrived at 1:42pm MDT here in the Black Hills, SD.

My Milli is wonderful. I have lots to learn but have her doing something each and every day. She does not like feathers but I guess it is just a matter of training my baby. Or is it training me? I finally figured out what PPP meant so am putting it to work.

I introduced my Milli to CL and they are doing wonderful together.

I really love to hear how other newbies are doing so I don\'t feel so bad when I struggle. I\'m getting pretty smooth with freehand stitching from the front of my Lenni but my circles and swirls are a little off the round from the back when I practice a pantograph. It just feels different from the back. Is that normal?

• 3 weeks later...

I just love it when there\'s an addition to the family...My Millie Rose is 3 y/o now and does just about anything I ask her to. Going to put her in a

Hartley Fence shortly and see how she likes that. I\'d almost forgotten how to handle her...she\'d been crated for moving and it\'d been over 6 mo. getting the studio ready, etc...I truly had a mental block and couldn\'t remember the \'red dot\' from the \'blue dot\'...but within about 30 min. we were once again comfortable with ea. other and we go "just a flyin\'" now.

When will we see photos of things that have been produced? Good Luck on your venture and remember.....practice, practice, practice. ML

I just love it when there\'s an addition to the family...My Millie Rose is 3 y/o now and does just about anything I ask her to. Going to put her in a

Hartley Fence shortly and see how she likes that. I\'d almost forgotten how to handle her...she\'d been crated for moving and it\'d been over 6 mo. getting the studio ready, etc...I truly had a mental block and couldn\'t remember the \'red dot\' from the \'blue dot\'...but within about 30 min. we were once again comfortable with ea. other and we go "just a flyin\'" now.

When will we see photos of things that have been produced? Good Luck on your venture and remember.....practice, practice, practice. ML

Well, my first "real"project coming off Penny is sort of a cheater.. panels of pictures, rather than quilt blocks pieced or appliqued. still doing heidi\'s frogging.. were gone all day, so didn\'t get the riiiiippppppping done I want to, in the borders.

After that will be Lone Star, not pieced the best but sturdy in sewing. Good for just learning for real.

I just love being able to switch threads, turn the machine on and sew with a pretty stitch. My old clunker started out great, then went downhill and then we rebuilt butthead and it worked fine after that, but it was also a trial to get to that point.

With Penny, I know if I turn her on, she\'s ready to work.. Love that confidence.

RitaR

Archived