So impressed with Lenni!

I helped my girlfriend Jan put her Lenni together. It was packed perfectly, the directions were great.

The table is so sturdy and sleek. The canvas went on with velcro strips, way too easy. The machine is as smooth as silk. Plugged it in and the stitches were perfect.

She was soooo happy. She jumped up and down and hugged me.

There was a lot of thought put into this machine and it shows.

I was very impressed.

Well worth the wait.

JoAnn is so right I was really excited to get this little powerhouse up and running. I was able to put most of it together by myself, I just took my time and followed the directions. It helps if you kinda know how to use some tools, but if you don\'t it really isn\'t hard. By that evening JoAnn came and helped me with the head and the carriage and voila we plugged it in and off we went.

I still have some practicing to do, but going from a Gammill Optimum Plus with a 14 ft table to this little gem is heaven. Even my 6\'7" husband thinks he can run it, he has to sit down to do it though.

So as soon as I have some work done I will post pictures. I\'m so happy I could _____

Oooppss well you get the picture.

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Jan, I found your comment about going from the Gammill optima to the Leni very intersting. I have rented HQ16 and most recently the Gam\'s OPtima. I found it to be a bit heavy and more cumbersom. I have planns on driving to Des Moines today to explore the Lenni. Hubby has given his blessing on getting a LA. Amazing man! What made your Lenni experiance Heaven?

Jan,

I am interested in your info on the Gammill too. I recently posted that my hubby said we should look at what\'s out before deciding. Since the dealers are not even within reasonable (1 day) driving distance, in put from others is important.

Thanks to you and anyone else in advance.

Hi new Lenni owners

I\'m getting very excited as my lenni will be leaving the factory on the 21st Jan - my birthday - and it should be here at the beginning of February. As a dealer, I have had to wait at the back of the queue until all the "real" customers\' orders are filled which is only right. I can\'t wait to play with my Lenni and am enjoying reading all the posts here from everyone who is already having fun - please keep chatting I love to hear how easy it is to set up and how smooth it runs.

Any chance of some pics of the quilts you have been working on new Lenni owners or are you having too much fun playing and practising?

Best wishes

sue in Australia

Update for Lenni owners. I wanted to be able to do ruler work on my Lenni. I still had my extended plate from my Gammill Optimum that I was going to sell, but I looked at the stainless steel plate under the hopping foot on Lenni and it was just a fraction larger on the either end were the screws are. I took both the extended plate and the bottom plate to a machinist and he modified it to fit. Voila I don\'t have to wait for someone to remanufacture one for the Lenni and I recycled the one I had. The bracket that fits under the bobbin area is a bit snug, but just removing the cork that cushioned that bracket made it fit. For the moment it works for me.

Jan:P:P:P:P

Archived