Lenni vs ???

OK, for those of you that have followed my previous problems, it looks like I am going to have to just break down and buy a machine! No one wants to touch my KenQuilt, and the only LA service person around doesn't want ot work on it because it isn't his brand and can't get any technical support... (which is strange to me, because I thought a sewing machine was a sewing machine...)

Anyway, I have been looking at the Lenni (mainly because of price), I wanted to do a side by side comparison of the Lenni and other APQS, but the website doesn't include the specs in its side by side...

I know I want a stitch regulator, and great customer service (which is why the APQS is number one on my list!), I really want a 12 foot table, which is what I have right now (although I have yet to use the whole table!) and all those nice features that come with a high end, top notch company.

So, with all that ... other than price, what is the advantage of a Lenni over another model? How different is the table (other than size)? I know the Lenni has a smaller throat, (of course my KenQuilt only has a 9 inch throat) but what are the other major differances/similarities? Can I use a Lenni for my business? (such as it is!)

OK, I think I've reached my limit for questions! Seriously, I would like some help deciding. Right now, money is an issue, but if I'm really patient (which I am not very good at!!!) I will be able to get the cash from a relative (at great interest rates;) )in about 6 months.

Thanks,

Jeanne Morris

Monroe, GA

Hi Jeanne, I can\'t help with a machine decision but I can say that there are some great deals on used machines. It sounds like APQS will help in any way they can even if you buy a used machine from an independant person.

I bought used and am having a ball, well with the quilting if not with customers. LOL.

Michele

Jeanne,

If you are used to a 9 inch throat the Lenni will seem huge to you. I have the Ultimate II, which is basically the same as the Lenni, only 20 years older. I don\'t have a stitch regulator, but Lenni does. I can quilt 12 inches with no problem. I have a 12 foot table, but understand the Lenni has a 10 foot table. I have only completely filled my 12 foot table twice, both huge King size quilts. Every other quilt I have done has had plenty of room on both ends. Mostly I do fulls and queens, it seems.

If I am not mistaken, the Lenni has the same wheel system as theUltimate machines, which is an upright wheel on the machine, and upright wheels on the carriage,also.

I don\'t know if this helps much, but Myrna or Janet can give you all the answers.

Jeanne,

Yes, you can use Lenni for your business.

Lenni is stitch regulated and has a 20 x 8 inch throat space, you end up with 15-17 inches of quilting area. The throat space is the same as the Liberty. You have a bit more quilting area because the rollers are a little smaller around.

She has the laser light that can be used at the back for panto or from the front to do block designs.

A single stitch or two station needle positioner.

The legs are adjustable in height the same as the other APQS machines.

Lenni only a 10 foot table, so no king quilts. How many king size quilts do you expect to do. Will it be a huge chunk of your business. If so that is something to think about. The canvas leader are 103"

The table is very sturdy, and has a white surface with a panto plastic. Very clean and sharp looking. The roller are manually adjusted very easily. And of course the same great service and support.

Lenni does have the upright or vertical wheel system for the new table design.

Lenni is very light and moves like a breeze on a warm spring day. The table is designed so it can be taken apart and put away should one need to do so.

If the 10 foot table is a big issue then Lenni may not be the answer for you. We do get previously loved machine in and we can keep an eye out for you depending your budget. You never know what great deal may turn turn up.

If you would like to talk more about what your options are send me and email or give me a call. Also, the first week in January I will be in the Atlanta area teaching if you would like to come by any evening after class for a demo on the machines again or get any information. I will not have a Lenni though for you to demo:( The location is on my website.

Myrna

Myrna,

Decatur is only a short 45 minute drive from me (unless you are driving during rush \'hour\' - then it can take \'days\'!), so I may take you up on that. I have bookmarked the info on your sight and will talk to my hubby tonight when he gets home from work.

My only problem is I have a King size now waiting to be quilted. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for my son and daughter in law two years ago... or was that three? I had decided to make it a duvet cover and had stitched to back on and was finishing up the pillow shams when I got this thing I have now. I spent the next few days ripping off the back so I could quilt it, and then my machine decided it didn\'t really like to work! I could devise a work-a-round for that one quilt and never do another king size again!!! It is something to think about...

See you in Atlanta!

:)

Jeanne Morris

Monroe, GA

Jeanne,

Something I was told, or read here, or well, I don\'t remember where I heard it; and I don\'t know how well it works, but if you\'re in a real bind to get that thing quilted:

You can fold one side of the quilt and that will decrease the width. Quilt all the way down, then go back and repeat to quilt the other side. It wouldn\'t work if you were doing a panto though. I\'m also not sure about rolling it, because one side would be bulkier than the other, hmmm.

Archived