Round robin white elephant swap

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barb,

I think that the 15th of January would be a good day for the first mailing. I will let sign up go until then, but I\'m trying to get the ones who will wait until the last minute to sign up. I still have to type up the correct list, with correct addresses, and attach it to the inside of the journal that goes in the box.

Sheryl and Pamela, I added you both. Sorry. I thought I had done it.

Teresa,

I think I qualify as one the late-comers. I would like to participate in the white elephant. I know you did birthday blocks so if you still have that list, my address is the same. This does sound like fun.

With this many names on the list, a single box circulating may take a while to get thru the list. I like the idea of:

--2 boxes (1 from the top of the list and one from bottom or the middle of the list)

-- The list for that box. I think it might get confusing if we choose to whom we send the box. A simple list to check-off is easier.

--A journal with dates and comments on what you took out and put in would be fun. Like a story about your white elephant, how you got it, what it is used for, etc.

--Maybe we should ask Tad to setup a separate chat item for the White Elephant so we can corral the comments and photos that will get posted. What do you think about that?

I\'m ok with shipping outside the country, stick me on the list where you need me.

Linda, I\'ve already typed up a list to put in the journal, so everybody knows exactly where to send the box next. And I\'ve already written the guidelines on the first page of the journal. I have about 6 or 7 things picked out so far to put in the box and get it in the mail next week.

just waiting for the last minute sign ups.

I\'ll add you to the list.

The journal will be placed in the box (now boxes) as they move around the country.

Last chance to get signed up for this. We want to get it in the mail the end of next week. There are 47 names on the list right now, I hope.

Please check to see if I have your first and last name; and make sure you have sent me your address. I\'m going to start fixing this list over the weekend.

Teresa, Please don\'t think I was rushing you. I am just trying to guesstimate when the box might be coming my way. I know that there are a couple of weeks coming up this spring when I might be away and I don\'t want the box to sit at the post office. I am planning (joy o joy) to start taking my oldest son, a HS junior, around to check out colleges, possibly overnighting it at hotels so we can check out several schools in that area. He has no clue to where he wants to go. Just to round out the festivities I will also be dragging his younger brothers along. Their consolation prize will be getting to use the pool at the hotel in the evening. As a single parent it\'s up to me to take on this task. I, of course, as a quiltaholic, will be mapping out where the quilt stores are along the way. DB

dianne,

It\'s okay. I don\'t even remember how far down the list your name was (or up the alternate list).

I will get a final list posted tonight. Please check to be sure your name appears, if it is supposed to. I will mail an upside down copy to the last person on the original list, so the second box can start there and work it\'s way around. Eventually everybody will have received both boxes. Keep this in mind when packing your things into the box. Don\'t put all your goodies in one box and then sell yourself short when the second box arrives.

Also, since we are doing two boxes, why don\'t we say each person will put 3-5 things in the box; that way we have enough for both boxes.

Archived