Friendship Blocks 2008- LAST CALL

chickenscratch

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops...I asked for a beige background somewhere in this thread, but I just read the suggested choices were white or off-white. So, I would prefer the off-white, rather than the pure white. (Of course, if the off-white is closer to beige, that would be great.)

I\'m all for a scrappy quilt block; piecers choice of their stash fabrics.

Hello Teresa,

I would like off-white and Blue. However, I will be happy with what ever comes my way. As we are going scrappy, it will have the colours I will like in it anyway!

Keep smiling!! :) Stay Cool!! :cool: This is your friendship exchange and therefore your rules!! Those that don\'t want to play nice don\'t have to play. I certainly think you are a marvel for organising this.

Regards,

Okay, as of right now I have all the names compiled into lists and ready to mail out.

There are three people I am waiting for addresses for:

Cathy

Jeanne4378

and Jo Buck

If I don\'t get those by Friday I\'ll just drop those names off and reconfigure the lists. As promised, everybody only makes 15 blocks (14 to send and one to keep).

I have gotten color choices requests from almost everybody.

We are sticking to white or off-white (beige) for our background colors and

each person has one color tat they would like to hvae present in their block. The rest of the block colors (if the block has more than 2 colors) are up to the piecer.

If, when you get the list of who you are sending to, you want to contact those people and ask for more specific details about what they want, then that is up to you. I\'m not going into that much detail.

The goal here is supposed to be friendship and fellowship, and I apologize for my outburst earlier. Please understand that this is supposed to be fun; and it may not be something that works for everybody.

If you signed up, please complete and mail out all your blocks. If you need to quit for some reason after we get started, then please let me know and I\'ll pick up your unfinished blocks.

It is important that everybody gets back the same number they send out.

If there are no more questions then we\'ll finalize the lists on Saturday.

:P

I would love to participate. I think its a great idea to limit the number of blocks each of us are making. I don\'t think I could have kept up with 60 blocks had I been in this last year. I prefer to make a block in a specific color and size and am willing to exchange with quilters across the globe (you are not aliens in the eyes of quilters, just Homeland Security!)

Teresa Dear - Hang in there little camper!!;):D We are all very happy with

the many ideas you bring to this forum - Thank-you!!! If someone does not

like it - they can lump it! Or like you said, organize another one.....

I would like to join a Batik list - Hint - hint.... need to get the new computer

system hooked-up before I want to organize things though, this thing does

not always work!!

I am a bit corn-fused though.... You have a "Judi Olsen" on this list for the

Friendship exchange (**Great name by the way!!**) is that me?!?? Yes, I

would like to join. I was so tired last night when we got home and I was

reading all of these posts, wanted to say so, thought about it, but then the

computer locked-up and I didn\'t want to turn it all off & on again. Just not

really sure if I did tell you to add me to the list or not..... my oh my!

me again.... forgot to say "Off white background and Purple!!!"

That way I can add to or finish-off the last exchange.... I DID send out over

62 blocks and only received back 23.... really wish people would have the

courtsey to say "thank-you" even if they do not want to send me a block

back, at least admit they received the one I sent to them or maybe that

they never did get it, who knows? Some I email, and never get a response.

Just to make sure I am clear, all of the blocks I make to send out will be of

the same pattern and fabrics (some color changes maybe)

All will be 12 1/2" size (even for the ones going over-seas?)

I will gladly ship overseas, feel sorry for those people though, we may only

have one or 2 that join us, but they will have to send most of theirs blocks

over here..... We do get the better end of the deal!

did I miss anything?

Jo Ellen,

Thanks for the email. I added your address to the list. Now I just need addresses for Cathy, Jeanne4378, Judi Burr and jazzsmom.

Judi, I received a wonderful squishy package from you today. Those chicken blocks are a hoot. I was ROFLMAO when I opened it. You really know how to cheer a gal up. And, yes, Judi Olsen is really Judi Olson. I misspelled your name. Sorry. You did tell you wanted to participate, right? Or did I imagine all that?

Oh I think it must have been an "osmosis" thingy.... I thought it, meant to

tell you, but I just did NOW tell you.... I think!!! Who knows!! I will commit

to the rules you have set-up and will comply and send out my blocks to who

ever you tell me too!!! (all of my fabrics are pre-washed, hope that is o.k.)

I think it will work out better this way, because I know I can whip-out the

blocks faster when they are all the same. Plus, then a person sends them

all at once and is done, ready to do the next list (hint..hint...for the batiks!)

Glad you like those critters! Thought about adding button

eyes too.... left that up to you if you want.

Time is getting short here. If you want to participate I need your name and mailing address ASAP. We are dividing up the list Saturday AM, so people can get started on blocks.

If I don\'t hear from you tonight or tomorrow I\'ll drop your names off the list and get everybody else organized into groups.

Thanks,

Congratulations on successfully forming the Friendship Exchange quilt block group everybody. You are to be applauded Teresa for taking on such a large responsibility which I know you will perform well. It\'s great to feel that someone has taken up the torch for another rich experience so that new folks can join and be included.

I\'m thrilled with the response to the 2007 exchange and feel that it was a very rewarding challenge for many of us. With the many beautiful blocks I received will come a darling quilt. Good luck with your group and I\'ll enjoy seeing some photos. Happy quilting.

Vicki

Cathy, I got your U2U and added your address and preferences to the list.

Beth, same for you.

Looks like there is a majority asking for white and scrappy, with several asking for reds either with white or off white. One wants Christmas fabrics, one wants browns. A few purples and blues. Just giving you an idea so you can start organizing your fabrics.

I will probably get started on these on Sunday. I\'m looking forward to emptying out some of my scrap stash.

I\'ve also started a twin size quilt for my GD using just scraps, trying to use some of it up and empty out room for new fabric.:P

Teresa, I sent you an email earlier today with my info. I think I forgot to add my color preferences. I like yellow and white, I know, a little different from everyone else. If I didn\'t get this in on time that\'s OK. I will bow out graciously if necessary, but would love to participate. If anyone has any questions on the shade of yellow, I like them all, from soft pastels to lemon and gold. Thanks for organizing.

Laura/jazzsmom

Teresa,

We would love to participate. The 121/2" block sounds like the way to go. Just let us know about the final decisions. We have lots of stash in lots of different colors. Presuming everyone is using 100% cotton? Waiting to hear from you.

Bev and Jim

FINAL LIST- happy happy happy!!!

OKAY, HERE WE GO.

This is the list. If your name is supposed to be here and is not, you need to email me tonight. If your name is not supposed to be here and it is, well sorry, but I guess you get to play. Just kidding. Just tell me and I\'ll take it off.

Teresa Taylor white/scrappy

Beth Durand

Sandra Darlington beige/any color

Barbara Goodson white/scrappy

Heidi Merrill white/purple

Bonnie Botts white/scrappy

Rita Kilpatrick

Pam Nagle

Michelle Strickland white/christmas fabric

Susanne Hughes beige/blue

Jen McManus white/black

Coleen O\'Kane beige/scrappy