Friendship Blocks 2008- LAST CALL

chickenscratch

SUE MORRIS! so good to see YOU posting again.... you were so kind and helpful a couple of months ago when I had soooo much trouble getting my Ulti 1 to work right. Hope this finds you well and busy with quilts!

Theresa: when do you sleep!? You\'re working on the white elephant, the friendship exchange, making your blocks, quilting quilts, and making a new baby quilt, sending a thousand (?) emails, babysitting for your grandgirls.... goood heavens girl - slow down!

Take a breath and ENJOY!

luv -b

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Susanne,

If you\'ll look at your list, some people have indicated color preferences.

Just looking at your list I see that:

Jen wants black and white.

Roxie wants beige and red or green.

Nancy wants beige and blue

Merry JO and Judi both want purples.

Other than that, your group did not have any specifications, so scrappy and white should be great.

Teresa, I love my block! I must learn how to incorporate pictures into messages and post those I have finished. Reading notes above, I have a feeling we are about the same age as I, too, am "that certain age" when sleep doesn\'t come easy. Also, reading your note to Susanne, I saw where Judi wants purples. On my list I have Judi Olson who wants purple....same Judi?

Roxie

Roxie,

Yes, that would by Judi Olson. She did purples in 2007 and didn\'t get many blocks, so she\'s trying to add on I believe.

Beth, Barbara, Bonnie, Rita, Pam, and Bobbi:

Are any of you opposed to receiving blocks made of many, many different colors? I\'m seriously trying to clean out scrap stash

Yes - I like purples - The brighter the better.... but reading Bonnies post

makes sense to me too..... I will take what you send me - and Love it too!!

I did promise to play nice and follow the rules. Just came online again to

print off my list of addresses - So much fun!!

I just made 2 - Missouri Star blocks for our Block of the Month club, one is

in 30\'s fabrics and the other is Jo Morton / civil war colors. They are 12 1/2"

blocks, and I thought of using these in the exchange, but I can\'t! I have to

bring them to the store next month, finished, and the next block is FREE!!!

$5.00 will make you 12blocks if you get them done every time and show up

for the meetings, how cool is that!! Such a great shop, nice and fun people!

Would that be silly to make and send out Missouri Star blocks if I am from

Minnesota? I think I will go find my book and look at the MN one again.....

still tossing around ideas.

Teresa - WOW! Imagine what you would get done if you didn\'t have to go

back to work at that "real job".... someday - - - soon maybe, huh!?!

So what if we all picked the same block or very similar. THey will go together that way.

I\'m surprised anybody picked the block I made. I went into EQ5 and opened the double star and then erased and added some lines to form this design. I didn\'t know it was an actual design out there somewhere, but it sure looks cool done in multicolors.

Look at the pictures in the Blocks done subtopic.

I am really excited about my first square, Theresa - it is SOOOOO Cute! can\'t believe how organized you are to already have so many done! I also love the pattern you did!

I spent the weekend trying to get my fabric organized and decide which ones I want to use. Also going through pattern books,etc. I would like to see more pictures of the the Scrappy ones you guys are doing. Just to get ideas of colors, etc. I tend to be a bit conservative worrying that someone won\'t like bold, etc. etc. I have really enjoyed all the pictures of squares you all have done in the previous BD swap.

Happy sewing everyone! Look forward to the sharing!

Archived