Thread for George?

I was working with George yesterday quilting three baby quilts. The first two were matching and I used King Tut thread in top and bottom. It worked with no problem.

The third one was a white on white large sashing that I quilted through using a poly by Superior and the same King Tut in the bobbin as the first two. The top thread keeps breaking every so often so I don't know what to try to adjust. I finally gave George and myself a break and will go back to it later today.

What thread do you like in your George and why.

I use Superior Thread in George. I have not had any trouble with threads breaking. Several things to try:

change your needle ( I change my needle for every project)

check for a burr on needle plate

check for burr on hook

unthread and rethread the machine

clean everything

make sure there is no lint under the bobbin spring

make sure no lint is between tension discs

check the APQS and Superior sites for reasons that thread would break

I have a Millie, Freedom and George and rarely have thread problems. I only use Superior Threads. My favorite for all over quilting is SO Fine. I also use King Tut if I want my thread to show up. I prefer the tone on tone not varigatged. I have been using Brytes lately for specialty (haven\'t tried in George

). I love metallics but you have to not be scared of playing with your thesion.

Good Luck

Sandra ;)

Thanks, this sandwich is not to tight, and I\'m moving by hand, not in a frame. Maybe I move too fast sometimes, we will see.

I put in a fresh needle before I started this one, it should be good, unless it is a lemon. The top thread is a touch heavier than the King Tut, but I played with the tension before starting to get a good stitch.

I\'ll keep working with it.

I use signature thread in my George and do not have any trouble. I finally bought more bobbin cases so I do not have to adjust then tensions with each thread change. I do have a few other brands of thread I use, but mostly signature. But am still learning on him too. So am always interested to hear how others are doing with George.

Sandra, you have three machines, my are you one busy lady. You must do this as a business then. I would be interested to hear more. Judy

Archived