This is great, Claudia. You sure got the hang for those feathers.

What did you do in the background of the white strips? Looks like paralle lines... I also like what you did with that bright orange-yellow trip you have pictures in your webshots of. Wounderful job.

It finally started to rain here so I really hope that my attic will cool down a bit. I have a flying geese customer quilt mounted right now. It's a fun quilt to work on - my colors. I'll show pictures once I'm done...

Happy stitching,

Birgit

Hi Phyllis! Hi...all!:-)

I?ve tried to draw this feathers with a pen today on a piece of paper to share with you!:cool:

But.....I?m a really bad "drawer" - or- with the machine it is much easier!:D

The result: I feel ashamed to show it!

If you really want to have a look, I?ll send it to you , but - please - don?t laugh!;) to your e-mail adress!

Have a nice day....

Best wishes from over the ocean!

Claudia

Claudia,

You just made my day and you didn't even know it!! I have been told since day one to doodle - it will help with the quilting, yada, yada....I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler...then you post this pic and say you can't draw, but it is much easier to do it with the machine. You are my hero!!;)

Thanks you and have a great day,

Mary

Claudia,

Wow! What beautiful "bubbly" feathers! Your webshots are terrific! Love your wholechloth work too! You are an inspiration! :) Especially for those of us just getting started!

Now I want to know - with so much talent obviously there in Germany - is it in the water or what???:D

Hi ...all!:D

Mary Lou.....I can?t say to you: Buy this oder this machine, I just tell you: I LOVE my Mille!!!:cool:

Cynthis....Yes, I "wing" the feathers ,too! Feel free like a bird while swinging!:cool:

To all, who are waiting for the "doodle-drawing": Sorry....it will be send a little later: I?ve scanned the drawing and only the half is visible:(

I?ll take a photo now and I?ll try it again! I should continue quilting not experimenting with PC:D

Have a nice day....

Best wishes from over the ocean...

Claudia Pfeil

Originally posted by MaryLou5740

This is fantastic! I am in the process of deciding WHICH new machine to purchase....and just can't decide between Gammill and APQS..so reading everything you guys do...and I am so anxious to get on with my projects.

MaryLou5740

MaryLou, only you can decide what machine to buy. I recommend that you keep trying both the APQS and Gammill. The one that is most comfortable to you and you like the most is the one to get. I was convinced I wanted a Gammill until I spent a day trying/using one. After spending several hours using it, I decided that it wasn't the machine for me. When I tried out the Millie (only for a very brief time), I fell in love. I am really glad I decided on the Millie. It is so light weight and "user friendly." Good luck with your decision.:D

Archived