LA Ink- a new quilt!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....that is the beauty of this technique! You can get them at Joanne fabrics, office supply stores or any scrapbooking store. Make sure you use a high thread count Fabric.

I have 2 of my original patterns in my 2nd book, Fancy Formal Feathers and I can\'t wait to see what you all create out of my technique.

Have fun, holler if I can help you further.

Okay, I have to admit, my first reaction when seeing this was to put my machine up for sale. ;)

It is so amazing.

I have a question Sherry. Would you explain the Scotchgard a bit, what does it do?

Also, how do you "set" the ink, with just heat?

Thank you for constanty inspiring us and raising the bar for the art form.

Angels on your body.

Thank you Sherry, that does help!

Is there a difference that you\'ve found between the Identa pens you mention, and some I found at Joanns site (while looking for them) called Identi that also say they are permanent on fabric? Or do you know?

I\'m not thinking as much about washing a quilt as it living on the walls of my house, which sometimes becomes a water fight zone. :D I\'d be real hacked off if it developed spatter spots. LOL

I\'ve been concerned in past projects about the ink bleeding so I\'m anxious to try the Scotchgard. That\'s really good to know.

Thank you for not only inspiring us but teaching us as well.

Angels on your body.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all!! I appreciate the comments and am really happy to see that you like what I did!

Elke, share the hugs with the rest of my good buddies as well! I miss you all gobs!

Caron, thank you for the praise on my classes, jeepers, that was along time ago wasnt it! You are ever so talented yourself, so get that chin up and keep on quilting like you do!

Charla: I would like to enter the quilt but haven\'t yet. Thanks for the little push!

Do you you know.....that we are all missing you???:D;)

Right now.....Mark has left my house......it was a nice evening... and we were talking about our very first Open House in Krefeld!;)

You know.....with the wine glasses in between our toes ( right spelling???) under the huge tree????;)

I want to see you again soon!:D

Claudia

Archived