On board bobbin winder - little brass screw falling out

shadows4

I just got my used Millie from APQS later this year. It\'s a 2004 and has the on board bobbin winder that fell apart the first time I used it.

I called Amy and she sent me out a new part (the little black box with the lever and the brass screw). The first time I used it the little brass screw fell off. I put it back on and it only stays on when I stop the winder and keep screwing it back in.

I\'ve only wound 2 bobbins this way because the screw won\'t stay in. I really want to use this winder, but that\'s a total hassle.

Anyone know what to do to keep the little screw in?

Hi Jeanne,

Go to the hardware store and get some blue Loctite. It is a liquid that you will put a dab on the screw threads and then screw it in. Let it dry and set up, this will gum up the threads so the screw won\'t vibrate back out. Let us know if you need anything. :)

Take Care,

I stand there and watch it...talk about a waste of time!! At first I pick things up, put things away, but I don\'t get far away.

Supposedly you can tighten the screws either on the black box or the tiny ones that hold the post...and that should help. Since I have never loosed those screws I have never tried to tighten them.

Archived