HELP! hook retaining finger/bobbin basket problem

I suspect I've got big problems. I'm working on a huge banner, landscape style thing with a million layers and it's very very thick. I switched to an MR5 needle for the strength of it, and must not have tightened the screw enough, as the needle was pulled out, and stayed in the hook area at an angle - machine was buzzing, had to turn it off, manually move the needle bar up and wiggle the needle out. It caused some damage. The hook retaining finger is no longer engaging the bobbin basket. The screw that holds the retaining finger is very tight, so I don't think that slipped backward. But, the hook assembly doesn't seem loose, either. When I hold the bobbin basket in place, the needle seems to line up properly. If I can't budge the screw that holds the hook retaining finger could it have possibly moved? HELP!

Crystal in Michigan

Millenium

OK, so I did the easiest thing first, which was to move the hook retaining finger back toward the bobbin basket - everything seems fine - stitch quality is good and isn\'t making any weird noises - so I think I\'m good to go - still interested in adjustments and fixes, though, just in case...

Crystal in MI

Millenium

Archived