Undersea Quilt for a baby

The preschool teacher/aide in Tehya's (my 3yo)room this yr and Tanner's (my 5yo) room the previous years is having her first baby and she said she's doing an underwater theme w/blue walls and purple and pink for the other colors.

I've had this pattern that came with a ruler or two by Darlene Zimmerman and I thought this was the perfect excuse to break it out.

It's so cute it's hard for me to part w/ but Norlan, my DH says that it's bad Karma to take it back even if she didn't know she was getting it. Anyway, it's going...

I'm going to give her one of the pics w/Tehya next to it.

Oh and Tanner informed me I did (quilted) it wrong. The fins should not have those bumps on them. :P

post--1346189894744_thumb.jpg

Tracey,

Your little toehead, Tehya, is a dollbaby. I just want to grab her and that adorable little fishie quilt into both of my arms and just SQUEEEEEEZE!

You are so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to give away the quilt, but you get to keep that dollbaby girl. ;)

PS: You can ALWAYS make another fishie quilt to keep! I personally like the "bumps" on the fishies. ;)

Love those pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I\'m going to have to make another one. I don\'t have anymore of the blue fabric, but I didn\'t love it until I put the pink w/it. They both have sparkly flakes in them. Now I like it.

Tehya is such a ham these days, if she sees a camera she walks over, puts her arm around whoever the subject is, or in this case the quilt, and squints up her eyes and says cheese.

She\'s a mess. I AM lucky lucky lucky.

I\'ll let you know what the teacher says.

Angels on your body.

Tracye---what a fun quilt--love the pink thread--dont\' know if I would have thought of using pink--but I like it.

Love the little blondie--seems like yesterday that my Ashley looked like that--and now she is a soph. in college--savor the moments!!! they grow up so fast and go out on their own!!!

Terri

Archived