MQS Roommate

dtreusch

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. Me again. I had a stroke of genius and wanted to share it.

How about instead of ribbons to identify each other, we wear moose horn headbands? You know, kinda like the reindeer ones that you see at Christmas? We can kill 2 birds with one stone. It will be very easy to find each other and pick us out of a crowd AND Shana will feel right at home amongst us. It will be like being in the middle of a herd of moose!! :P Hmmm... Do moose travel on herds or are they loners? Beats me. Shana??

Debbi

I tried to bring the subject up at dinner last night and got a blank stare. DH is up to his eyeballs in alligators and won\'t really surface again until after the February elections. I looked at the classes and found some good stuff but would like to know what you guys are taking. I would hate to miss the real fun by being stuck in a class all alone (nothing against the classes).

What are you guys taking?

Donna

okay, here it goes....

Monday 8-12 TA (teacher\'s angel) Dawn C\'s class

Tuesday 8 -12 TA - Judy Woodworth\'s class

Wed 10:30 - 12:30 #319 Is ther Life After Stippling?

Thursday 8 - 11 #408 Circles, Curves and More

and 1 - 3 Brillian Borders and Sensational Sashings

Friday 1 - 3 #545 Quilting Feathers When You\'re a Chicken

Saturday 10:30 - 1:30 #616 Cable Borders - At Last!

BBQ sounds great. That place we went to last year with Tammie, Deb, et al was very nice. It\'s just all those Gammill folk in the next table that cramped our style. Maybe we could find a restaurant with a dress code "No Gammill shirts". LOL.

Class samples... Donna, can you explain?

Are we really going to let Jeanne drive this year? Have she and her GPS made a truce?

Last time Jeanne and I went together to a quilt shop, she had to rely on me to get us there becasue she forgot "Tootsi" (whatever her name is). She just knew I was going the wrong way. Little did she know that I have been hanging out at that shop since we went there during MQS so I knew right were I was going.

The BBQ joint I have in mind is the same company as the one we went to, just in a different location. Then you all can take in The Plaza and the down town area.

Yes Donna, can you explain yourself??

Regarding the Gammill shirts...maybe we could get APQS to cut us a deal on their shirts if we promised to wear them all over town...free advertising....hummm...I had a shirt after taking a class in Des Moines, I forgot I was wearing it and cleaned the bathtub. Stomething told me not to cleaned that silly bathtub, should have just left it alone. My shirt had a big bleached spot on it after I was done. Now it is a rag in the garage.

Ok, I procrastinated and missed out on 2 of the classes I wanted to take.

Shana talked me into coming...So Shana, your Butla Sista will be waiting for one Giant Hug!

I\'ll be going, but only Mon thru Wed., headed home Wed nite after the shopping frenzy.

We have a daughter getting married in August, so i\'ve been putting MQS on hold thinking we\'re spending enuf $ on the wedding, then hubby speaks up saying GO GO Go.....you\'ll have a blast, just GO!

Ya think he\'s trying to get rid of me or something......LOL!

Sheri, we just got sweet-talked, didn\'t we?

Between Debbi (Dtruesch) and Mary Beth going to MQS all week long, I felt so left out. I called Priceline and rebooked my flight to arrive on Sunday instead of Wednesday so now I can take the classes that I really wanted so much. Of course, mo\' money, mo\' money.

Debbi and Mary Beth, I just want you to know that I blame you two for my change of plans. ;)

LMAO Linda!

Guess were all just a bunch of suckers. LOL!

Good luck on getting those Monday and Tuesday classes. There are alot already full. Im crossing my fingers BIG TIME hoping I can still get into Karen McT\'s wholecloth Tues a.m. class.

I wanted to take Myrna\'s Mon. Just Do It, but had to settle for her 6-10 p.m. Just Do It class. I\'ll be a late niter. LOL!

OK, I\'m there. I\'ve got classes scheduled Tue, Wed & Friday AM, Thurs AM & PM (afternoon is the same as Mary Beth) and Saturday (same as MB).

Claudia\'s Extreme Background Textures - Tuesday,

Dawn\'s Faux Batik Fabric Painting - Wednesday

Quilt of a Different Color - Friday

Goofed and I booked a flight on Sunday (instead of Monday) so I will either add a class on Monday or volunteer.

I don\'t know where I will stay or if I will get a car but I still haven\'t told my hubbie yet, so... I think I\'ll wait.

Me....I volunteered to drive, I have a mini-van and it will hold 6 besides myself. I\'ll arrive Tuesday afternoon. I\'m taking

302 Machine Applique with Wholecloth Design

8:00 AM-3:00 PM (Wednesday)

502 Quilt of a Different Color

8:00 AM-12:00 Noon

536 Cotton Boll Machine Applique

1:00 PM-5:00 PM (Both of these classes are on Friday)

Then I\'ll leave for home Saturday. I\'m staying at the Sheraton.

I really, really need some chuckles in my life...been a rough last few months, so please, girls, entertain me!!

Hey, can anyone give me a ride from HAWAII?????!!!!!

Seriously, I got everything I signed up for, reservations are made (Sheraton), and now I am shopping around for a bargain airline ticket - arrrgghhh - not too many discounts HNL - MCI.

Hoping to see everyone there! Let me know if there is a T shirt thing happening with APQS - wouldn\'t mind advertising. I LOVE MY FREEDOM and the over the ocean APQS support!

My classes (unless I add more!):

Monday

1 p.m. - 5 p.m. 105-Borders that Rock Nichole Webb

6 p.m. - 10 p.m. 112-Construction and Production Debbie Wendt

Tuesday

1 p.m. - 5 p.m. 218-Beading, It\'s So Fun! Judy Woodworth

6 p.m. 10 p.m. 225-Diamonds in the Cloth Nichole Webb

Wednesday

301-Innovative Wholecloth Design Jodi Robinson

Thursday

405-Let\'s Get It On With The Hartley Fence Myrna Ficken

428-Photo Editing with Photoshop Marilyn Karper

434-Turning Doodles To Dollars, Beginning Freehand Quilting with Expert Linda Taylor

499-Tiki Treasures

Friday 533-Contemporary Satin Wholecloth Nichole Webb

599-MQS Banquet

Saturday 604-APQS Machine Maintenance Amy Anderson

Barbara, Alaska Air flies to Hawaii. Do you have some frequent flyer mileage to use up? I am trading in some of my ff miles from FAI to MCI... flying first class all the way down and back on Alaska Air/American Air via Dallas (that\'s where I switch to American - a travel partner to AK Air). Got me real good connections, too! :)

Hi to everyone

This will be my first MQS which I\'m really looking forward to and that\'s being fuelled to a frenzy reading these posts.

I shall be there from Sunday thru Saturday and am taking classes every day excpt Thursday, I think. It would be wonderful to meet up with some of you folk (across the pond) who I read messages from regularly but have never met or seen.

DH is coming to Kansas with me and although he will probably put in an appearance maybe once, he will be working during the day and will be more than happy for me to be otherwise entertained some evenings.

Have we finally decided on how we will be identifiable. I thought Mary Beth\'s idea of offering to wear an APQS t-shirt, maybe even during the whole show, might generate a goodwill gesture from APQS, especially if there were enough of us. Not having to bring so many clothes, just think how much more space that would allow for purchases in your suitcase!

Mary Beth, I will U2U my class schedule as suggested. What have you taken on!!

Look forward to meeting as many of you as possible

Chris

Archived