MQS Roommate

dtreusch

Wow, I just found this! I can drive again, also. My vehicle holds 7 besides myself, and I have another GPS! My DH has Betty Lou now, and I have Peggy Sue (named after my Millie). Betty Lou is a little testy with me after Mary Beth dropped her on her head!!! (Though she was a bit testy anyway) RECALCULATING!

Linda, JudyL is coming up!!! She\'s staying at my house. I hope I can get her to cook a meal for us after reading her blog and seeing how they eat! My goodness, she makes some meals that sound fabulous!!

I do have another bedroom that\'s available if anyone needs a place to stay. I live about 45 minutes away, on the Missouri side. About a mile or two from Mary Beth.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeanne,

I would think anyone would jump on the extra bedroom, considering your location ;) I did not take on borders this time because I was afraid MQS would be at the same time that I worked. Plus, I think I worn Phyllis out last year dragging her back and forth. This is not for the faint of heart :) Not that Phyllis is, we had a wonderful visit, I loved having her here. It is a great way to bond. Plus, Phyllis is a great quilter and she did some really cool things on the longarm everyday after classes. You and JudyL will have a great time...and I may drop in if there is time. I love JudyL, (and you of course).

I\'m so happy to hear the Betty Lou is now with John. Personally, I hate that girl!! And I don\'t say that about anyone - so you can imagine how I feel.

:P

Wow, you all have me excited to attend MQS. I have classes lined up Monday through Thursday. Was planning on going home on Thursday but now looking at adding more on Friday and Saturday.

Has anyone checked with APQS to see if we can buy T-shirts to wear? I think that is a great idea. Baseball caps would be cool also. We could get some made up with APQS or Gone Quilting on them if APQS would allow us to do so? I can check here with our embordiary shop if anyone is intested?

I am so looking forward to meeting all you ladies as I am a newbie This will be my first year and tough deciding what classes to take that will not be over my head.

Mary Beth,

I am going to try to get a few more classes today. Will send you my free time ASAP as I would love to join in with all you gals.

So do we want T-shirts? Are we all going to get the same color?

Do they come in different colors? Any color is fine with me.

Maybe a couple of shirts in different colors and we wear all the same color on any given day?

Baseball caps one day would really make a statement.

Is there a chance we can coordinate a place to ALL MEET for drinks or dinner while at MQX? I\'ve read so many of your posts, feel like I know many of you...but wouldnt it also be fun to arrange an evening get-together? Maybe to keep it simple its at the dining room of the hotel where MQX is, after the show closes for the night?

If anyone has mentioned this already, sorry to repost but thought it might be fun...especially for some of us newbe\'s?

What do ya\'all think? Wed. night (AFTER the show preview of course!)? Thursday?

Might be fun!

Lynn

A long-arm wanna be

cqlady@tampabay.rr.com

Tampa, Fl.

:cool:

Lynn,

You may want to start a new post regarding MQX, unless you mean MQS. If you are attending MQS then by all means jump right in here while we try to plan this thing. I wouldn\'t want you to miss out on meeting others at MQX by getting these two event mixed up....MQX - MQS...it is easy to do!

WHOOPS! It\'s all new & alphabet soup for me...SORRY!

Yes, I was writing about MQX in Manchester,NH, April 14-19th. So sorry to have confused the letters & topic.

Thanks for catching that Mary Beth.

Feeling dumb ... a newbe LA wannabe (so where is this OTHER show & when?) :P

Lynn

Tampa, Fl:o

Archived