friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alrighty!!! Yeah for me - I am finally done with the Friendship blocks!! Mailed out a bunch today and have 1 more to mail in the morning!!! :D:D:D Woo Hoo!! :P:P:P

(see - it paid to clean in my sewing room on Mother\'s Day - now I WANT to be in there again - it was such a clutter-fuss......)

Now I am off to try my block I think I will make for the Christmas exchange. Need to give it a trial run.....

Good Afternoon Ladies,

All my blocks have now been sent to their new homes. They were all sent by Airmail, so everyone should have theirs within the next week (depending on how slow the US/German Mail service is!) If you haven\'t received yours by the end of the month please let me know and I\'ll have to re-do/make.

I have tried to use Australiana prints in all of them, just to be a litlle different. I hope everyone likes the colour choice, as some are very"bright"".

I will attempt to post a picture of the ones sent, but will most likely need someones advise on how to post them if it doesn\'t work (Bonnie to the rescue??)

I also will try to attach a photo of the ones I have received so far. I love them all and cannot wait to make them into a quilt.

JUDI OLSON

I am so happy with my Block!! I love your creative piecing the brown is perfect!! Also, how did you know my favorite color was orange!! Thank you so much for the coaster too. Your envelope was worth waiting for. I still haven\'t had the time figure out how to post pictures, but I\'ll get there someday.

I only have three more blocks to receive (from: Colleen, Claudia, and Nancy) and I\'ll start laying out my quilt. It is amazing how well all the blocks I\'ve gotten so far have turned out they work together very well. I\'ll be starting on the Christmas blocks next week so maybe this year I\'ll have a Christmas quilt!!

Krisite W:cool:

Judi OLsen: We had our joint guild meeting this morning (day/night), where I was installed as the new president (194 members). I just finished the 2nd VP job (2 years) and received 50 friendship star blocks (I love star blocks.) as a parting gift. Also we had a quilt challenge "Wish You were Here" and I took 1st place for a sunbonnet wall hanging from the Amy Alderman book "Precious Sunbonnets". All in all I would say it was a great quilting day and your beautiful block was the frosting on the cake. I just loved the coaster and the bookmark too. I now have 11 blocks----still 3 to go. I am hoping to receive them. Happy Quilting, Jo-Ellen Rogers

Oh Goody - Goody!! Glad they arrived, thanks for letting me know. I am still waiting to hear from Claudia in Germany - sent hers on 5-5 so it should arrive soon I hope.

Others I sent out on 5-13 were for: Marylyn J., Wilma D., and Laura P. - hope those arrive - Please let me know....

Kristie W. - If I HAD know that orange was your favorite color and that you liked that brown so much - I would gladly have sent you the rest of it!! Did your block have the stripes and polka-dot fabrics? This was fabric from a line that was used in our Fat Quarter Challenge for our Deep Valley Quilters guild.

Jo-Ellen - Congrats on being President - Have fun!!! And First place! Cool!!:cool: Would love to see a photo of the sunbonnet wall hanging! Going to have to look for that book - I like those little girls - need to make one some day!!

(Its on my "to-do" list!!!!):P:P:P:D

Judi: I will ask my daughter how to post a picture because I am clueless. Thanks so much for the congratulations.. I have alot of work ahead for the next 2 years. We have a fairly active guild whith lots of projects and programs----we have a Christmas Shoppe on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and a (smallish) Quilt Show on the second weekend in February. For the previous 5 years had a" joint venture" big show with a local trade show operator. However we lost our location and now have downscaled. Still it is alot of group effort to put on a show and also the Christmas Shoppe. We made over $3500 last year on our first try at the CS. We were open from 9-2 on Friday and Saturday. We are doing it again this year. We also have a silent auction with our quilt show and made $1600 on the 25 small wall hangings that were made by our members. It is alot of fun to achieve goals even at our small local level. Judi, your quote at the bottom of your email was just what I need to keep in mind in my new job. Everyone thanks for the inspiration that comes from this group. Happy Stitching, Jo-ellen Rogers

Judi Olsen

I got your beautiful quilting block and coaster and bookmark

It was so nice and you did such a great job,,, It will look so great with my others,,,

Sorry I haven\'t let you know sonner but my mother passed away last Thursday and we had her funeral today..Pray for me I am so lost without her,,,:(

Oh Wilma - I am so sorry to hear of your loss - sounds like you had a very loving relationship with your mother. I will pray for you!! Thanks for letting me know about the block - glad you liked it.

Just hold onto all of those wonderful memories you have of your mother - write about them in a journel maybe - that helped me out a bunch... It always help to talk to somebody - we are always here for you too!!

Lee, Sorry to hear about your mom. Your in my prayers

Judi,

Yes the block had the stripes and Polka dots, which I love. I think the quilt shop that I teach at (Erica\'s in South Bend) had these fabrics and they were gone before I knew it. I think they focused more on the blues and greens. I\'m stupid about orange. I even have a PT Crusier painted orange on the bottom and Bone White on the top. I call it my Dreamsicle. I\'m not allowed to buy anything more orange for my house, per my husband. (He says, "Sometimes less is more, especially with Orange!") Though, he doesn\'t really notice if I buy something for the kitchen) I\'m hopeless. LOL

:P

Judi,

I just received your block in the mail today. Its gorgeous. I\'ve never seen the dragonfly fabric before. Its very cheery. Also, thanks for the coaster. The cats got a hold of it and I don\'t know where it is at the moment. I am sure it will reappear soon. Everything always does. Thanks again.

Laura - That is funny!! Maybe it was the catnip I tucked in there....;););) You could I guess - or maybe a jingle bell or something like that. Glad you like it. Out of all the fabrics I have, yellow would be the least amount, and as you see - it is bright!!

Archived