which machine?

Help!! This weekend I visited a 24 inch Nolting for sale, and a Optimum Gammill for sale. I found the Gammill to be rather jerky to use--it seemed to want to run more in squares, rather than circular. Is it because of the 30" length, or is it because the wheel system is different from the Nolting. I would like to drive an APQS--need to find one in my area, (Sacramento). I thought they would be smoother to drive or is it just the learning curve that I need to get through? I understand that the Millinum is lighter weight--would it be smoother? I thought I knew what I wanted?!?!?!?

thanks or any help you can give me!

You have No Ca reps for APQS. Also, the Road to CA quilt show is in Ontario-right across from the airport in 10-11 days. Reps and machines will be there - and a fantastic quilt show and vendors. I researched for years, did alot of test drives. The Millie won hands down. I felt thru these years I could not afford the Millie and was going to buy a lesser machine. My mom passed away last year. She was an avid and beautiful seamstress. I was teaching her how to quilt. (She lived in Carmichael-have a brother in Fair Oaks). She left me some $$$ - and I know she is happy knowing how I spent some of it on myself. I bought my Millie. Still have to set it up=get rid of a pool table and we will be set to go. I can\'t wait!

Go to the regular APQS quilting machines. Cheryl Uribe is in Livermore. Contact her and she what she has to say.

Good luck! Buy the best you can buy!

Marilyn

Hi!

One of our APQS dealers, Cheryl Uribe, lives in Livermore--that\'s not too far. In addition, APQS will have a booth at the Road to California Quilt Show January 17-21 in Ontario, California. Perhaps you can connect with Cheryl and another APQS rep, Raquel, and have some great time fabric shopping at the same time!

You can contact Cheryl at:

Cheryl Uribe ~ Northern California Quilt Council Board Member www.ncqc.net

Relic Quilts

45 miles East of San Francisco, California

1 866 99 QUILT or 925 260 2802

relicquilts@comcast.net

http://www.gizmogirlquilts.com

Sales, Demonstrations, Rental and Education

I tried them all before I bought my Millie in 2003. I haven\'t regretted my decision one minute. Every year at MQS I try out all the machines and have taken some classes on Gammils my Millie still wins hands down. I had neck injury prior to purchasing my machine that affects my arms and hands. The adjustable handles, the lightness, and the smoothness of operation of the machine still win out above the others. The closest competion is the A1 but the handles aren\'t adjustable. Test drive them and see what feels good to you. 2 min. on a Millie and I jsut knew it was the machine for me. jeri

I tried them all several times before getting my millie which won hands down over the others. The main thing is that you be comfortable with the machine and have a help network. If you choose APQS, this forum is the best there is. Most of the quilters will help you no matter what machine you buy but we\'re partial to APQS. I had the same results as you with the Gammill, the machine was jerky and seemed to be catching on the fabrics, the reps kept telling me it was due to the stitch regulator and that it was better to not use it!

Hi,

Contact APQS or Cheryl, the APQS rep. in Livermore and ask them the following:

Is there anyone that you have sold an APQS machine to in the Sacramento, CA area that would be willing to contact me and perhaps let me see their machine?

I did this with the KenQuilt Co., and Prodigy Co., and was put in contact with both a Kenquilt owner, and I would have been able to contact a Prodigy owner, but had found my used Ultimate II by then.

Surely there are APQS owners in the Sacto. area that would be willing to give you a phone call, or if they have a quilting business let you visit their studio.

Many of the local long arm business owners in are area welcome questions regarding their equipment. I believe there is a Long Arm Group that meets in the Sacramento area. They have a variety of machines they use, they meet to network ideas.

If I can find that information I will send it to you---in the meantime ask about present APQS owners in your area.

Hope you can find someone who is willing to let you see their set-up.

Archived