Which control on what side?

My Nolting has the singlestitch on the left handle, and the run button on the right handle. I find that I thread the needle with my right hand (I am right-handed), which puts the thread ends on the left. Then I tend to grab the thread ends with my left hand when tying the knot. This means that I have to cross my body to hold down the singlestitch button with my right hand, which is pretty awkward. Are all brands of machines set up this way? I'm really curious.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon,

If I remember correctly, the Gammill and the A-1 are set up the same as you have described. However, the Millennium is not. The one-stitch button is on the right handle, along with the "Go" button. This works very well for me, as I had the same problem you did when I was renting time on a Gammill. So, no, not all brands are set up that way.

Hi Sharon, The APQS Lenni has one button on each handle.. the single stitch or needle possitioner is on the left and the go button us on the right. I\'ve watched Sharoh Schamber and one other who also have to reach across the body.. maybe it\'s Myrna..

Guess it\'s a designers thing.. they make the machines, I doubt they often actually use them.

RitaR

Archived