customer wants cotton thread on top and bobbin

YLI sell a 60/2ply long staple cotton thread in a range of colours.It mostly comes on 250yd spools so you may have to buy several. The neutral colours come in 1000yd spools. I use this all the time because it is easy for me to get as I sell it in my shop already. It doesn\'t break and seems to bury itself happily in the back of the quilt.

Masterpiece is a 50 weight and I have used it quite successfully in my practise pieces. I have however been longarming less than three months.

I love the colors and ease of quilting with poly threads (SewFine, Bottom Line, PermaCore, Rheingold, etc) but some of my customers prefer the footprint that cotton thread gives. I used Signature and I love it. It stands up just fine to longarm quilting, works find top and bottom.

My only complaint about Signature is that they don\'t have enough colors for me (only 56). Signature also makes a cotton-wrapped oly core thread with 24 more color choicees. I have also used YLI with some success. They have some nice variegated thread colors.

Although I am very new to longarm quilting, (I\'ve only had my Ult II since Aug 07 and only quilt my own quilts) I LOVE King Tut thread. I\'ve tried some quilting cotton threads that are available at my LQS, but they always seem to break. I had to fight to finish quilts with them, not to mention bottles of silicone. Ever since I switched to King Tut, I have barely had any breaks! Once I got the tension right, I quilted two double size quilts without any breakage at all. I always use King Tut in the top and bottom. I wind my own bobbins. Hope the info helps! :)

Persephannie

• 4 weeks later...

Archived