Quilt Room flooring

Quilterella

Quilterella,

Welcome to the forum - lots of help and ideas here.

I have carpet so I really can\'t help you, but if you check under Gadgets and Goodies...I think or just go to the blue line at the top of this page and do a search on floors, you will find all kinds of help.

Good luck, and congratulations on your new machine.

We have hard wood floors where our Mill is. It really shows the dust and particles from the batting but it is easy to clean with a floor duster.

We also have a very cushioned rug that I can stand on and this really helps. I\'m with Beth, without some kind of mat or cushioned rug that runs along the front of your machine, you will have very sore feet.

I\'ve also notice that if I were athletic shoes (which I prefer not to in the house), that I have a lot less foot fatigue! I limit these shoes only to my long arm room.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Patty, I love that cork floor. Such a rich and warm color. Is it easy to care for. Did you have it professionally installed and is it in sheets, panels or slats?

I have carpet in my studio and I use an anti-fatigue mat. Old tired feet need to be pampered.

I do find that, with carpet, the static electricity is worse. I get zapped :o when I touch my machine just after 3 or 4 steps. We are moving the studio in a couple of weeks to a room with wood floors. I am anxious to see if there will be a difference.

I love the cork, but I have the laminate. Went from carpet at the last two houses to a house that the studio was reconfigured to fit my needs and I knew carpet was not on the list!! I love it too, no worry of needles in the carpet ready for you to step on, etc. I keep a wide dust mop in there and when I use it I feel like a Sailor swabbing the deck!! LOL My Harley saddle stool navigates really well too. I wear croc type shoes or house slippers when I quilt and that cushions my heels some from standing. I like to stand mostly, but force myself to sit some of the time.

Archived