Solved Stitch Regulator Problem

I have been noticing that lately my stitches seem to be bigger than I think they should. I looked at quilt that I had done when I first got my machine and I usually stitch on 11 or 12, sure enough those stitches were a lot smaller than the ones now. So with flashlight in hand, got to eye level with the stitch regulator on the bottom, looking for threads and found instead around the shaft of the encoder box dust bunnies! I cleaned them out from there and viola! my stitches are small like they use to be.

So what other kind of maintenance should I do to keep these encoder working properly?

I also use that "pressurized air in a can" to clean out the bobbin area and around the needle. Costco sells 6 oversized cans for around $20.

My husband follows the cleaning regiment for our entire machine suggested from APQS for our machine after every 2 quilts or so.

I have seen posts on this site also about cleaning our machines that have been helpful. Search for "clean" or "cleaning" in the Search button near the top of the form.

• 3 years later...
Originally posted by elviraquilter

My stitch regulator only works up and down, and not side to side!? I left a message for Amy and haven't heard back. What could be the problem?:(

)

without all of what it's doing my best guess is that the coder wheel is loose and needs to be pushed into place and tightened.

Archived