2007 Birthday Blocks - is anyone still working?

janeta

I'm just curious to know if there are any participants from the 2007 birthday block exchange who are still working on the blocks for people who sent them blocks. I sent out over 60 and have received 25 at this point. I am not sure whether to wait longer or go ahead and put these blocks together. It would be nice to know if anyone is still plugging along on blocks to send. I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know. ;) Janet

I have 6 left to mail to those who sent to me...and they will ALL Be out this week...Janet\'s yours went out today, Renae, Karol, Jeanne,Rita, Valerie, and Kate. Jeanne\'s and Rita\'s are done...on to Valerie\'s. I stopped when I realized that I couldn\'t get to everyone....2 minor and 1 major surgery helped me make my final decision.

I could not do blocks for everyone on the list, but I did mail out blocks to everyone who sent me a block, and the people who I sent blocks to, sent one back to me. I think I only sent and received a total of 15.

I really commend the folks who made blocks for all of the people who signed up. I know that was the original plan, but when so many people signed up, there was no way I could get them all done.

I am glad the Friendship Block exchange has been limited to 15 blocks, as that seems to be my time limit for another project.

DB, I don\'t know what your name is, but if you are not on the list below, I did not receive my block from you. Maybe it will still show up.

These are the people I have received blocks from:

Valerie Edwards

Carol Hillary

Debbi Treusch

Sara Crocker

Sue Anderson

Lorrie Houle

Judi Olson

Ami Krenzel

Teresa Taylor

Barbara Goodson

Vicki Bohnhoff

Kate Meyer

Jeanne Rumans

Linda Card

Rita Kilpatrick

April Wright

Sew Happy

Roxie Lutke

Carol Stanaland

Monika Krall

Marylyn

Sandra Darlington

Rona Duncan

Norece Embody

April Wright

I have kept all envelopes and cards and these are the twenty-five people I have received blocks from. I would just like to say thank you again to all of you. I love all my blocks and can\'t wait to start putting them together. If any of you did not receive your block from me, please let me know and I will make you another one, as I know sometimes things get "lost" in the mail. :) Janet

Janet, My name is Dianne, is your last name Armstrong? I think I might be getting people confused. I have received 7 blocks so far, they are from: Norece Embody, Vicki Bohnhoff, Sara Crocker, Lorrie Houle, Jeanne Rumans, Judi Olson and April Wright. I thought I had posted an acknowledgment earlier, but now I can\'t locate it. Janet do you know what your number was on the list? I know I missed a couple of people who signed up after I had my list and then just couldn\'t keep track of all of them. I also signed up late, in March maybe, so I didn\'t make it to alot of lists. I think my number was 64 or 65. I am definitely sending blocks to everyone who sent/sends me one. DB

Hi Dianne, my last name is Armstrong and if you didn\'t get a block from me, then I owe you one as well. Please let me know what size block and what colors you want. Do you want it signed and dated? I think I was in the 50\'s on the list but don\'t remember exactly where. Janet

I would love to finish the list, but have received so few from those I sent to, that I am holding off sending any more. I still hold out hope to receive more. Thank you to those who sent blocks*.

Those I sent blocks to (and with asterisk I received blocks from)

Cheryl Uribe

Gerry Macey

Judi Olson*

Tina Boyington

Bonnie Botts*

Ami Krenzel*

Norece Embody*

Vicki Bohnhoff*

susan Contereas

Pam Hish

Jeanne Rumans *

Wilma De Priest

Sue Urness

Polly Holyoak

Markita Wilkinson

April Wright*

Carol Hillary

Sheryl Stewart

Lisa thiessen

Tina Seiling

Linda Card

Marilyn Gipson

Barbara Goodson* Barbara did you receive my block????

Alyn Gravatt

Stephanie Grant

Janet Armstrong*

Amanda Baggett

Beth Myers

Valerie Edwards

Lorrie Houle*

Kate Meyers*

Sue Anderson

Jan Jacobson

Elaine Benge

Christy Wamsley

Rebecca Martinez

Carol Stanaland

Kathy Peggengill

Karol Kusmaul*

Hi Susan, I\'ve never been to the Quilted Crow, but I did pick up their business card at a show in Nashua, NH this past Nov. I also get their emails . The store in Attleboro is the Quilters Stash, route 152 off of 95, exit 5. She\'s gotten some great fabrics in lately. I go there all the time. Another favorite place is Emma\'s, route 140 in Franklin, Ma. off of 495. Once a year I try to get down to Cape Cod, there are 4-5 quilt shops down there. Heartbeat Quilts and Tumbleweeds are two of them. Once in a while I\'ll make a trek up to Keepsake in Center Harbor, N.H. Near the White Mountains. Another 2 stores near me just closed, Quilt Center and Quilters Arc. I\'m always sorry to see quilt stores closing. Is there any place good down your way? DB

I received a beautiful block from Dianne Brodin yest and think I have 9 or 10 almost ready to mail out hopefully on Monday. Christmas kinda messed up my schedule. I will have sent a block to almost everyone, but sdo far only received 20 some blocks. Hope they all do better in the 2008 swap.

DB,

Yes I go to Folk Art quilts in Wakefield RI really nice and I love the owners, there\'s a couple of mill shops is you want older fabrics at a discount. like Lorraine mills, Slater Mills and Ryco. I have been to heartbeat too couldn\'t believe how big it was you keep winding around rooms. Yes it was the Quilter stash! I will have to look up Emma\'s and take a drive. Your so right too many shops are closing we just lost the Fabric Place and the Quilters Market over a year ago. There is also one not too far from you in Walpole or just past it, she has longarm too.

I have only been to keepsake once thats quite the drive but fun for sure!!

Archived