HELP! S/R problems, stalling or stopping at times, then reving up

I'm still having problems as I am sewing in S/R mode -- it is stalling or stopping as I'm stitching. Then the next time it may speed-up, or rev-up, for no apparant reason! (This does not happen in manual mode.)

I have installed the Powercom Smart King 1000 UPS unit.

Any other suggestions - on how to check the electric? I have heard the motor heads are very sensative to fluctuations in current.

I posted originally in Oct 2006 and still have same S/R issues. Hoping someone will read and have the answer!

Julie,

Have you been in contact with Amy. I have also had SR problems since the initial purchase of the machine, July 2007. We have been through all kinds of "bandaids" to fix the solution. From checking and replacing the SR unit, replacing the actual machine head, to adjusting wiring into the head of the machine and just recently, Amy sent out two circuit boards (she said that they have had problems with circuit boards that were malfunctioning) and my husband replaced them (less than thirty minutes).

The machine seems to be running better than ever with the SR working in BOTH directions. The vertical did not work and the horizontal did and what it would do - stitchwise - is cut out when I moved the machine into vertical movements. Now it runs smoothly in both directions and the one-stitch option also seems to be moving a little faster (before, it would take forever to go up and down).

I hope you are able to come up with a fix. I do appreciate Amy, her prompt responses and her willingness to troubleshoot with us (via phone and email).

Hawaii Barb

(Wish I were in Hawaii today - It was -3 below this morning Chicago. Burrrrr)

Yes, Amy and others have been trying to work to find a solution since Oct 2006!

I\'ve adjusted the black rubber wheels on the box (pushing into wheel)

I checked the motor brushes

Replaced both boards

sprayed air to dust off the circuit boards,

(I had the newer white box crydom relay, so didn\'t replace)

Replaced the back carriage / encoder box

re-set the needle up/down

Drove it to Carroll, Iowa for 2-day overhall and repair (Aug 07)

Added the SmartKing UPS

recently replaced the motor

Tested to see if only vertical or horizontal movements resulted in S/R malfunctions. But it happened in both cases.

Now I\'m trying to adjust the height of the black rubber wheels

Maybe something I replaced was faulty...I\'ll try anything to fix it. Thanks for responding.

OMG!!! Your post could have come from my mouth. I had a terrible SR problem w/the same things happening. I replaced the mother/daughter boards twice, replaced the motor, replaced the encoder and I can\'t remember what else. Oh ya, needle up down problems too. I sent the Millie to Carroll ($106) and when it came back I still had problems. They sent me a loaner and I was amazed at the difference in sound. Mine was so noisy. They called to say the bearings were out. I have it back and all seems good now. Good luck. They are great machines but when things go wrong, they REALLY go wrong.

Archived