Quilt Roller

countrystitcher

I decided to do it....I read last week on a post that someone had removed the roller that the quilt is rolled on because they float their quilt tops. I decided to give it a try and I absolutely love it. I like to sit and quilt from the front as much as I can and I always felt I was bending over that empty roller. Because I'm short, when I would stand to quilt, I was always leaning on that roller. Now I also now have more room when using the base expander. It was easy to take off so if I ever want it back on I can. The machine seems almost naked without that third roller! To make sure my quilts are staying straight, I'm measuring from the ends of the roller the backing is rolled on, to the quilt edge. So far so good!

Sharon.

I too float the tops. Just this week i was contemplating the same thing. What prevented me from doing it was the problem of the head catching the side clamps, and the hand brake that holds the other roller in place. As soon as i can come up with a good solution to these problems the bar will be gone.

Hi Ammoman,

Previous posts have shown the top roller removed and a piece of PVC pipe rigged to accept the brake clamp. I can\'t find it now, but do a search and see what comes up. It was a fairly recent post--maybe two weeks ago. There were pics posted so maybe the people who removed the roller can tell you what they do to elevate the side clamp straps out of the way. Good luck.

Just thought I\'d jump in here and let everyone know that APQS has developed a bracket that you can use for floating your tops - we call it the Texas Hold\'em Bracket.

2516764650064681126S200x200Q85.jpg

It is available for purchase through APQS for $50. It is attached to the end of the table as shown:

2367268580064681126S200x200Q85.jpg

Give us a call at the factory if you would like to order one...

Archived