LOVE these feathers! /Pic

Firstly, I have to credit Sally Terry for these. I was looking at the quilting in my new book "Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book" and one quilt's quilting really stood out. It was quilted by sally, and on close inspection, the feathers looked pretty easy. So I had this quilt I was going to feather the borders anyway for a client, so I tried 'em, AND I LIKE 'EM!!!!

You don't have to backtrack at all, and it's very forgiving as far as making them exact, they're great!!!

post--13461899072511_thumb.jpg

Caron,

I love the way your feathers look. Your quilts are always so beautifully done.

I took a class from Sally Terry at HMQS last year in Salt Lake City. She\'s a great teacher. She does the spine first and it\'s amazing the things that she can do with feathers. I think she\'ll be at HMQS in May here in Utah. It\'s listed as a Home Machine Quilting Show but it\'s geared to a lot of long arming. They even list the classes for the type of machine you have. It\'s a great show and even better shopping.

Linda

Love those feathers, Caron. :D

They remind me a bit of the Jodi Robinson feathers but yours are much puffier and more elegant looking. I also love the look of a feather without a spine, all that thread really builds up on my feathers when I use a spine.

It is amazing how new ideas are inspired by tried and true methods.

Archived