Karen McTavish Inspired

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michele - thanks!

Mary Beth - thanks. I\'ve been looking at the categories and I think it would have to be entered in the Wall quilt section if I go to MQS. Looks like it won\'t work in the Whole Cloth/Innovative because of the lace shaping - I think they would consider that applique. Anybody have suggestions or recomendations?

Thank you all. It is all very exciting. Now that I have the pattern desinged blowing it up and making it bigger should be a piece of cake right? I have a few ideas for a grown up looking center.

Michelle - I don\'t see the rice bags on her website any more. She used to have directions for those and her side leaders. For the rice bags she just uses a old terry towel sew one end and the length and then fill and stitch shut. She makes them in several different weights, 1 lb, 2 lbs, 3 lbs. Right now I\'ve been using a microwave heatable heating pad and a couple bags of beans...lol I need more time so I can get proper ones made up. I\'m going to make mine no more than 3" wide and then the length of my big base.

Gorgeous quilt, Heidi! It\'s most definitely an heirloom & not one for Baby to use on a daily basis! Your design is "precious", as others have said.

Thanks for sharing your ideas & tips for executing the quilting of such a lovely keepsake!

Congratulations, too!

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Hi Heidi,

It is incredibly beautiful! Can we place orders yet? I hope you and the quilt will be at MQS so we can see it in May!

Loes, simply in awe!!!

(oh and very proud too, that somewhere between start and finish of this beautiful work of art you used Pre-Design, yeah!)

Loes,

Thanks. I\'m thinking I will enter it in MQS but I don\'t think I\'ll be there. I wanted to get it in MQX but I missed the deadline. This is the one I was working on when I was having that problem and learned really quickly not to add too many points! I used one of the design elements included with Pre-Design for the center trapunto! I absolutely love Pre-Design and would recommend it to anybody...and I do recommend it all the time!

• 10 months later...
Originally posted by eula

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I'm so excited, because I'm taking a class from Karen in January. Unless someone else already mentioned it, you can find Whitework Quilting on Karen's website. I bought it not too long ago.

Oh I have the Whitework book now. It was re-released not long after I completed this quilt. I was also blessed to get a teachers award from Karen when I entered this at MQS last year. I'm working on a wedding wholecloth now. I hope to have it back on the machine in the next week or two.

• 3 months later...

Archived