Sharon Schamber stuff

Mary Beth

Heidi,

One little question....is it porcelain or ceramic guides...or is there a difference? DH is a fisherman and has lots of catalogs...I\'ve been looking at them since he won\'t let me near his fishing poles ;) Everything I read says ceramic, but I noticed Sharon said porcelain...am I getting too technical - just want to buy the right thing the first time.

Also, DH being the fisherman that he is, says that there are new materials that they use on the guides that creat even less friction....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Beth,

Tomato, to-maah-to...:)

I\'ve had the "ceramic" fishing pole eyelets on my machine for years. Porcelain is a ceramic material; methinks it\'s the same thing, like ordering a diet pop vs. a diet soda.

Either way, the goal is to have an eyelet with the insert so that the thread doesn\'t eventually wear a groove in the metal portion of the eye.

I found the eyelets in a bait and tackle shop years ago, but I\'m sure you can find some in those fishing catalogs as well.

Sherry, I saw your package, but it was kind of blurry and I couldn\'t see the size/type detail. I did see that it was the Groz Beckert (sp? issues still going on today) and she said to ONLY use Schmetz in the video. Someone even mentioned the GB brand in the video. So that\'s why I\'m so confused... Well, it\'s ONE reason but the other\'s are probably not fixable. ;)

1. raichert.com

2. go to the store

3. Make sure you get the right size needles (didn\'t Sharon say 80/12)

These don\'t say embroidery needles.

"Ed Raicherts" in Phoenix is where shes said she gets her supplies. It\'s not an easy sight to get around on. I did find the needles. They have a chart that explains the needle sizes for longarms. I was also looking for the "needle bar thread quide" that attaches to the needle bar NOT the machine. That is what she says in her video. SHERRY, does yours attach to the machine or the needle bar?? Sharon said that you want the thread guide to move with the needle bar and not fixed to the machine. Where did you all find the thread trees?? Michelle

Hi Tracy

Sorry about the blur. I spent quite a bit if time with my local needle expert disscussing both needles that Sharon talks about. Although much of his explanations were like a foreign language, I opted for the 134\'s as the others had a skinnier shaft and could easily be tipped when installed. I bought 3 sizes, the 16,14 & 12\'s. I am using the 12\'s which is the smallest. It was explaned that GB\'s are the same as Schmetz. Hope this helps.

Michelle, you are right it\'s NOT easy to get around or understand. It feels like math class all over again.... <aaaakkk>

Which ones do I order for our machines?

http://www.raichert.com/schmetz_quilting_needles_for_lon.htm

Also, from the picture on the other topic list Sherry\'s referring to (the one where the gal is asking for help making her spines, that\'s why I\'m putting my questions here under Sharon\'s name instead of over there) her last guide IS on the needle bar and she says its a Pfaff part. In a later post she gives a part # and says you can get it from a Juki dealer? I\'ll have to go look and see if I remembered that right. I forget what brand Sharon says hers is.

Sherry, I had this page open while I was "shopping" at the needle site and missed your post!!!

YES! A foreign language, that\'s exactly how it feels!!!

Thank you for the details that helps!

Now, did you have to retime for these?

Not that that would stop me, but I would go make sure the chocolate is close by.

Thank you in advance!!

I sent an email to Sharon\'s web site and got this response to my questions:

You can contact Jason Raichert at 1800-422-3153

He will be able to answer all of your technical questins.

As far as the videos goes we are reshooting the adjusting your longarm video in the next few days and it will be up on our site and youtube for the February update. It shouldn\'t be much later then the 7th. For the video we will be making all the changes to Sharon\'s Gammill and going over the Prodigy in great detail.

The new video will be much much better then the previous one.

If I can help you any more please email me any time.

Neil

Sharon Schamber Network

I sent a message to her site too and no one ever responded. I\'m so glad my friend Sherry spent time answering all my questions over the phone....that helped. Maybe when we can view the new video it will help too. That last one looked like some of our home movies the way the camera would swing from one side of the room to the other :D It made my eye balls cross!!:P

Raicherts sent me this info...check it out. I trust Sherry\'s tried and true modifications. I just had to get to the bottom of the Sharon Schamberg stuff. THANKS FOR SHARING SHERRY!!!

LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE OF THIS ADDRESS FOR THE NEEDLE BAR QUIDE AND SHARON"S OTHER MODIFICATIONS hope this helps.

http://raichert.com/schmetz_quilting_needles_for_lon.htm

Archived