Circle Lord--how to choose?

lpotter

Hello, I am a newbie with my new Millie. I want to order the Circle Lord but am struggling with which templates to start out with. My DH says to purchase 2 of the larger templates (baptist fan, king clams, zig zag, etc) but now my dilemma is how to choose just two? Any advice on what is most popular, versatile and requested? Any thoughts would be welcome! Thanks! Lisa Potter

I am new to the Circle Lord and got the King Clam. So far, people think it looks wonderful and I think it's a beautiful design on traditional quilts...like log cabins. It sure works up fast and easy. I've pretty well decided to order the Baptist Fan next year.

Sandra

The King Clams is a must. It is awesome and my clients love it. 2nd choice isn't as easy . . . The Baptist Fan is very impressive and I can charge more for that particular design. However, the ZigZag has 21 different designs you can make by shifting the template to the left or right.

Personally I would probably get the Baptist Fan because I love the design but if you want the best bang for your buck . . . well, good luck deciding. Circle Lord has a great interest free payment plan so I got all three. Just a thought!

Happy Quilting!

Could you all tell me what model of machine you are using the Circle Lord

on? I sent and got a neat CD from the Circle Lord company...they really

did a good job on it..now I want one ...BUT...If I get a new Millenium.....

will I need it? I don't know exactly what the machine will do...or if this

will enhance it's capabilities....I am SO confused...can you tell?

• 2 weeks later...

The Circle Lord works with all of the APQS machines. I have the Millennium and it works the same for me as with the Liberty, etc. The CL is a tool that takes our quilting to a higher level by giving us the ability to easily stitch wonderful designs, patterns, and motifs with very little effort. Most of the designs would be considered custom quilting so it means we can charge more for the work we do. Ka-ching. I consider it one of the most valuable tools in my business. Hope this helps.

Happy Quilting.

Jean,

You said you purchased all 3 of the larger templates. Did you also get some of the smaller ones & if so, which ones do you like best?

Another thing I was wondering about, since it looks like you can use the zig-zag to do crosshatching, is there any reason to purchase the crosshatching one? Does anyone have both of those?

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and input. I just ordered the king clam and baptist fan templates and am anxious to try them out! I am just finishing a log cabin quilt for my brother and have decided to finish it with the king clam design. I do so appreciate these message boards...I read them everyday and gain so much from everyone's experiences and expertise. Thank you!

Lisa Potter

Canby, Oregon

Guest Linda S

The Circle Lord ROCKS! I have the crosshatch, heartz, starz, aztec, and stella (with my last name, it's a necessity). I'm hoping to add some of the king templates to my collection soon. I love this device. It makes putting those gorgeous designs, right where you want them, so easy.

Linda

Let me ask you this...more questions...I really don't lay there at night thinking up things to ask...

IF...If a person has a new Millenium....and gets the Circle Lord...would they

need or want or benefit from the Hartley Fence? I don't know exactlly what

the Circle Lord does in comparison to the Hartley Fence.

Thanks ML

Guest Linda S

Mary Lou - you definitely do not need to have both. They do similar, but different things. I had a Hartley Fence, but I sold it and bought my Circle Lord. I think there are more design possibilities with the CL, but then again, I did not have the cookie cutter templates for my HF. The CL is more expensive, but worth it, in my book.

Linda

Archived