I have missed you.

OMG I was in WITHDRAWL!!!!:P:P:P:P:P:P

That was the longest weekend w/out my APQS chatboards fix!!!

I kept wanting to look things up, like the needle bar guide Sherry told us about, so I could buy it and then remembered that THE SITE WAS DOWN!!!!

Thank goodness, and the techies it\'s back. Whew.:D

Myrna, I have been trying since yesterday to get on your web site. I want to order the mirco handles and your dvd. I will try to call you later today or tomorrow. There is a time difference so I don\'t want to call and wake you if you are a later sleeper, unfortunately I\'m not one of them.

Talk to you later

Pam H (in So. IL)

I\'m another one that was going thru withdrawal. And unfortunately I didn\'t use the time to accomplish anything, I was a real couch potatoe this weekend. But I sure missed my APQS family. I seem to do the most of my chatting on the weekends so it seemed to be at least a 4 day weekend.:o In fact I was mid reply to one topic ( can\'t remember which one ) when the site went down. All in all, I\'m very glad that APQS is on the ball in keeping techno stuff up to date and to see so many were missing it just like me. :)

I sure missed talking to all of you all weekend, but I did get some things accomplished. I figured out that I can do a 24" mariner\'s compass and it looks pretty good; so I drafted up a show quilt and started working on that. I talked to Myrna a few times on the phone. I did all the laundry and watched a little TV.

It was still hard though, not having all you to talk to. I was like Cathy, kept coming back to find the same result.

I also missed the site.. and with the links, names, chat and photos still in place.. all I can say is "APQS, you did Good!!" Another site switched suppliers and lost everything, challenges in progress, members photos, etc.. really bad news..

To only lose chat for a few days every few or several years, really isn\'t bad for all they provide for us here. Thank you APQS!!

RitaR

My name is Mary Beth and I am an APQS chat-aholic!!:)

Gosh it is so good to have everyone back in my studio!!

Because this site was down, I was able to start piecing my MQS auciton quilt - so that is a good thing! The bad thing - I went to a silly Super Bowl Sale at my LQS and bought more fabric. Drat!! If this site had been up, that would not have happened. Now I have more projects then ever to do.;)

Mary Beth,

You will not get a gold coin until you are able to do 7 days without fabric shopping. I started to go to Fabric Depot in Portland on Thursday. Could not even find a parking place! All their batiks were on sale 40% off. All I needed was an extra 1/2 yard of fabric I bought on Tuesday to finish up my quilt. I was NOT going through that mess for 1/2 yard of fabric. I made due. Then yesterday they put everything in the store on sale for 40% off. Nope, not even going there! Especially since you get the same deal online. Even the batiks. I ordered a nice pile of batiks and will pick them up when they call me.

I did get my triple Irish Chain Green Bay Packers quilt completely done. Even though I am not fond of the Packer colors, the quilt is perfect. All seams matching, all seams pressed in the right direction and ready to go on the machine. This is for my niece who even flew to Green Bay for the playoff game played in sub-zero temps. Maybe if that happens next year she can take her nice warm quilt to snuggle in. It will have a fleece back so should be nice and warm. I am going to layer wool batting in also. I am going to do cathedral windows (CQ)in the chains and football helmets in a wreath array in the spacer blocks. (CQ) SID (freehand) around the spacer blocks and then a chain border. I only put a single 3 inch border on it so simple is better. Sound ok?

Nancy Jo

Nancy Jo....Green Bay Packers!! I asked my DH last week..."Okay, are the Packers in the Super Bowl?" He did the eye roll, dropped his head, as if to say, "I\'ve been teaching you football for 14 years, and this is how you pay me back?" It was a priceless moment. I loved Reggie White, and have his jersey, so I wore it yesterday during the game :)

Yes, a huge sale. At least 3 LQS were have sales yesterday. I even stood in line outside the store for 5 minutes waiting for the store to open. DH didn\'t even know I left the house :D $160 later I have pleanty to do now!!:(

Finally back and I\'m so glad that I wasn\'t alone in missing all the chat! I was busy though.

All of our LQS had sales for Superbowl Sunday! Big deal in these parts and since the NY Giants won I\'m hoping for more sales :D:D:D! I\'m not a football fan but always watch the Superbowl. I was rooting for the Giants only because I have a lot of family who would have killed me had I said, "Go Patriots!" LOL it was a really good 2nd half.

I taught all day yesterday...what long day. 10 - 4! We did the Carpenter Star. One gal had never even pieced a quilt before. I can piece that quilt in 4 hours, nobody even had the center done at 4. It is the one where you use hst\'s so I\'m not sure why nobody got it together. I only had 3 students and one of the shop owners sat in. Everybody said they learned at least 1 new thing so I guess it went well! I just wish one of them would have gotten done!

Heidi

WOw, Heidi. I can\'t understand why your students didn\'t finish either. That is such a quick one to piece.

I usually print out a blank pattern, color it so I know which triangles go together to piece which blocks; then assembly line sew all of them, press and trim all of them, then sew the rows and columns together. I just love that quickie pattern.

Neat about all the sales at the LQS. I guess if we had some shops around here there might have been sales; but there is only the one shop and she wouldn\'t dream of being open on a Sunday.

Some day I\'m going to win the lottery and open a fabric and yarn shop in our town.

Archived