qustion about Dawn Cavanaugh

Hi Carol,

Where are you located in Oregon? I\'ve had students come to my studio for workshops from all over the States & Canada. Oregon is a pretty easy drive if you\'re not in the Southern part of the state.

I spend quite a bit of time in the Freehand portion of the class on Continuous Curve techniques. I\'ve digitized some of them for the CompuQuilter and you can take a look here at them

http://www.trilliumhousedesigns.com/DIGIContinuousCurves.htm

Information on the Beginners Worshop is here:

http://www.trilliumhousedesigns.com/LongarmTrainingWorkshops.htm

Carol,

I have been asked for years about producing books and DVD\'s of several of my classes and techniques, but family-raising got in the way.

I have another year to go with a junior girl in high school (those of you who have taken my classes and have heard me lament about raising a teenage female--I\'m still in the market for advice on surviving this stage!) BUT have established a goal to get those books and DVD\'s produced THIS year.

Hopefully they will be available for MQX but am looking at MQS as a personal deadline. Some of the potential pieces include beginning quilting, my feather and funky feather series, background series, and more. If you have suggestions for topics, let me know.

In the meantime, let me know if I can help you further in any way. You are welcome to head up to Darlene\'s studio for some personalized instruction (she does an awesome job!), or check out the classes available in our Showroom in Des Moines this year (just click the "classes" link on the homepage).

We want you to be successful!

Dawn,

Snickering here...lol I survived one teenage female and now that she is 23 I like her again! LOL I used to tell her it was a good thing I loved her because I certainly didn\'t like her at times :P:P:P! She tried me a whole lot more than my male child! Good luck with it all...mine got more tolerable when she was 21! 16 - 21 were just miserable on a good day! Sorry no help here. The good news is one day you will laugh about it!

I raised two boys and two girls.. one of each was miserable to be around, one still is 48 years later, and one of each were great.

Only suggestion, grin and bear it and talk to them as little as possible.. If you don\'t speak, they can\'t argue. lol, I hope.

RitaR

I have a Junior in High School myself and we are on the same cycle, so I try to for warn the males in the house that they really should be careful. Chocolate is consumed by the truck loads...:D So far we do alright but we sure do have our times. I think she really wants me to continue paying for her braces. That has been used to calm the beast.

Good luck Dawn I will pray for you!

Dawn,

Now you know why animals eat their young! Jen was dying/pregnant and needed her mom before she realized that I might not be so bad. Let\'s see, she was 27 years old. I could see that she was starting to come around at about 24. Does any of this help :D Jen still has her moments, but when she wants something she is so sweet!!

Anxiously awaiting the DVD!!

Or drown them before they become old enough to run away from you....See that was my mistake I didn\'t get the job done fast enough.:P

Mine is 33 this year and I see have hope....dislusionial I know, but still think it could happen....Okay maybe. Or at least in her daughter\'s time.

Hi Rita,

The Fons and Porter magazine with Dawn C\'s article is the Jan/Feb 2008 issue available already. Dawn\'s article "Quilting Camouflage" is worth reading. If you can\'t find an issue locally, email me and I\'ll send you the extra one I have. I too, have a subscription from Fons and Porter mag. with the purchase of my Millennium last year, however, I receive the magazine sporadically...not sure what is up with that, as I receive other subscriptions on time. I have to call F & P about every fourth month and then they just resend me the missing issue, so their customer support is really good. I like the magazine too. I didn\'t want to miss Dawn\'s article so I went and bought one....about 2 weeks later...my subscription issue showed up! Oh, and by the way...I too waited for my subscription to start and after about two months I called called APQS, asked about it, and got it going that way, I think then it was about a 2 month wait to get the first issue. Hope this helps.

Nadia

Archived