stitch regulator trouble

I need some help. While using the stitch regulator my stitches will all of a sudden get long and jumpy. I have tried cleaning my wheels with alcohol and restarting my machine, but it is only getting worse. My millie is less than a year old and I use it everyday. Can anyone give my any suggestions before I call the service dept.

Thanks,

Lynn

Spokane Wa

• 1 month later...

I recently had the new wheels put on my machine. I'm having problems w/ the stitch regulator today. It seems to be the worst when I'm going perpendicular from the back to the front of the machine. When they installed the wheels, they noticed a problem and tightened up the wheels and encoder box - believe me I can't budge the box any longer (I tried to loosen it to see if it would help to move it a little closer to the wheel, but could not get the bolt loosened). However, it does look like the spacing is correct. Is it possible there is something wrong w/ one of the new wheels? If so, how would I know which one? The other thing I noticed is that it is hard to get the machine under the front roller with the Hartley Base on? Could raising that help my stitch regulator problem?

I'm hoping someone can respond this weekend as it is the only time I'm finding to quilt these days.

Kari Schell

Brooklyn Park, MN

763-566-6536

Ok - I've loosened the bolt and can move the stitch regulator. However it was already flush with the crossbars. So I can't move it any closer. I pushed it against the crossbars again and tightened everything up. Still not registering and the channel locks still don't work. There is a very little bit of tension (but not enough).

Any dealers or mechanics out there? I need suggestions to solve my problem?

Kari Schell

Kari,

I'm sorry... I do watch the APQS forums, although I did not see your post until I read this on MQP as it was posted at the bottom of an old thread from someone else on July 21st, instead of under a new heading post. Do you have a digital camara so you can send me some pictures of your wheel, encoder, and channel lock assembly? It's hard for me to figure out what is wrong without "seeing" how it is currently assembled. Here's my email (I have 2, but either one will work):

applecreek@earthlink.net or tinaleecollins@earthlink.net

I'll try to check my email again in about an hour or so...

Tina Collins

APQS & CompuQuilter Representative

http://www.applecreekquilting.com

Hi Tina - thanks for replying. In the future, I'll start a new post w/ a problem so people will catch it faster.

Attached is a picture of my channel lock/wheel assembly. As I noted on the MQP list, I was able to stop the long stitches by putting in an extra washer. However, the channel lock no longer works. I watched the maintenance video and they had a different type of channel lock. Mine has teeth at the bottom of the wheel. Hope this helps.

post--13461897668619_thumb.jpg

Archived