Sr Racing

I'm getting a lot of SR racing for no apparent reason. I'm stitching along fine and it goes NUTS - the needle goes up and down like I'm at warp speed - and I'm not moving the machine. Of course, the thread then breaks. What causes the racing? It's been happening on and off all day.

Did the normal spot checking: check all the wheels, light handed guiding, all connections tight, turn off and wait 5 min then turn back on.

HELP.

Kathy - I\'m not able to help, and I know the problem is frustrating...but this may provide some comic relief. When I saw the topic "Sr Racing", I\'m picturing grey hair blowing in the wind...in some top-down convertible. :P:P:P:P:P I\'m past mid-century mark...can you tell?

anita

I also had a racing visual, only mine was white-hairs in go-karts!

And I am definitely old enough to participate!

Good luck getting the problem fixed--sounds like a hardware problem but they can tell which board will need replacing, send it out right away, and walk you through the process over the phone. I hope you are up and running correctly soon!

• 6 months later...

I spoke with Amy this morning and she is sending email instructions so that I can remove the mother board and sent it in for repairs. I also need need new motor brushes and she will send them when the board is sent back.

Thanks for everyones help. You all made me feel better. When Ms.Millie is ill i'm not so good either. LOL

Gail:P:P

I've been having some difficulties with my SR lately, too. I was somewhat relieved to see on this forum that I'm not alone. I've had issues in the past with my needle up/down going off on its own and I've adjusted the #8 screw and even have done the Mag collar adjustment several times. I still get some oscillating of the wheel from time to time. Early on, I replaced my mother/daughter board.

Should I be talking to Connie again to try to fix this problem?

What's this about motor brushes?:(

I know people think I am totally nuts when I say this...but if I turn the dehumidifyer on in my studio/basement, my #8 screw has to be adjusted all the time. If I leave it off, my needle up/down works fine. I have checked my brushes, they are fine. I need to take the maint. class to know what all to look at. Last time I had visitors, I turned on my dehumidifyer and ta-da...my #8 screw had to be adjusted. I turned it off and a few days later had to readjust that screw again. The only thing I can guess, the #8 screw acts like my hair in this humidity...it goes hay wire :D

I purchased my Millie in March of 2003. When I spoke with Amy, she had me check mine because of the age and usage of the machine. They were worn down to the point of replacement, but not far enough to be the cause of any problems yet.

I just keep on learning. I am a ways from Iowa and any help with the machine so it Amy, Me and the internet.

We moved about 2 months ago to the Thumb area of Michigan. Pigeon/Sand Point. Love it.

My boards should of arrived at APQS either yesterday of today.

The directions were great, no problems.

Gail

• 1 year later...

Where is this #8 screw that seems to have something to do with the Stitch Regulator. Is it under the hood and do I have to take the machine apart to get at it and what do I do with it when I find it? Will that make the machine beep again? It stopped beeping but the little light still flashes so i know it is working. We did have some stitch problems but ripped them all out and did them over. Sure made a mess with all the extra holes from the needle. I am really getting disgusted with this machine. I give my neighbor any quilts I don't want to ruin on the machine and she does hand quilting for me. Maybe I should have stuck to that instead of trying to do machine quilting.

Archived